Chapter 1: The Life of Another

I ran calmly through the forest, trying to confuse the enemy.

Word got out that there was a demon that wasn't under Muzan's control on both sides. So now demons and demon slayers alike are after me.

This demon recognized me and started chasing me. So now I'm putting my plan into action.

I jump into a tree, preparing myself for the demon's arrival. Once I see them, I begin.

"Demon Blood Art: Fortunate Death."

The demon pauses, seeing something that I can't. They fall to their knees and cry from relief and longing. Then they turn to ashes.

"May your soul rest in peace." I say after I land on the ground.

A scream echoed in the forest. Snapping my head to the direction of the sound I ran as fast as I can.

When I arrived there was a demon slayer towering over a scared demon child that looked no older than 10.

They sobbed, begging him to let them live. "Please, I haven't hurt anybody! I promise!"

"Filthy creatures like you, should burn in hell." He slowly raised his sword, ready to kill the child. Suddenly, he just fell. Revealing me with my hand in a chopping motion.

Lowering my hand, I smile at the child. "Have you really not harmed anyone?" I ask softly.

They looked at me in awe, faltering at the question, they quickly reply with "Yes, what I said was true."

Helping them stand, I ask another question. "When did you turn into a demon?"

"A few days ago." They replied quietly.

I looked at them and frowned. "I'm sorry that happened to you child. Would you like to travel with me, I'll try my best to keep you safe?" I asked.

Back then, I couldn't take care of Zenitsu because I had a craving for blood. I also knew that people would be after me, and that would put Zenitsu in the greatest danger he shouldn't be in. But now that I don't have a blood craving, I can be around humans and even help them with my blood demon art.

Unfortunately, even if I don't crave blood, there are people after me for my unique abilities. I can't put my only child in that kind of environment. He'd have to live with the constant fear of there being a possibility of dying everyday.

Though, since me and this child are both demons, we can help each other to survive.

"Yes please." They said with teary eyes.

I smiled and grabbed her hand. "Alright."

Then we went off to find a home.

____________________________

It's been years now.

Zenitsu should be 16 by now.

I found another Demon Blood Art where I can see what's happening in other places, or someone can see what's happening to me. So when it happened, it showed me bits and pieces of Zenitsu's life.

Now I know he trained to become a demon slayer, and he passed the final exam. As much as I disagree with him putting his life on the line constantly, he also needs to be prepared for if a demon does try to kill him.

What will happen when someone finds out that this demon has a human child? Demons will be after him 24/7. Who knows, maybe the demon slayers will stoop so low to use my son as bait to get me out of hiding.

I hope it never comes to that.

After finding that demon child, I found 3 other demons who also doesn't eat humans. The oldest being turned a demon at the age of 23.