Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After we reached the front door, I realized the building was taller than I expected. It still seemed to have 30 stories, but the stories were taller than normal. Tsubaki already was inside, so I ran to catch up to him and made it inside the elevator before the door closed. This place was ju--

"How are you likin' the place?" Tsubaki said, interrupting my thoughts. I was looking out the elevator because the whole thing was made of glass.

"This place is incredible! How did you even decide to be here?" I asked. I was gawking at how majestic this building was. It seemed as if it shouldn't even exist.

"I thought about what you said years before, 'If you want a good hideout, make sure to be where nobody expects, in plain sight.' That really stuck with me afterwards." Tsubaki said. I remember saying that because he wanted to find a place that was in a forest or somewhere. I thought that was a place they would look at first.

"Ah, ok. I didn't expect this. Well, who will I get to meet?" I had asked. I knew about him and his servants because he told me about them. The only ones I really remember learning about was Otogirl and Sakura. We were almost to the floor, but I was getting nervous. I knew none of them, but let's hope that I don't get into a fight with them.

"You should be able to meet Otogirl, Sakura, Higan, Shamrock, and Berkia. Be wary, Berkia does tend to like swords." Tsubaki replied to me. I already heard about two, so I am ahead. The elevator stopped, and Tsubaki and I got off. We were on the top floor and the view was amazing. When Tsubaki reached a door, he turned to me.

"Please take note that some of them may not welcome you all that well. I'm sure Berkia and Sakura will take a liking to you. I don't quite know about the others." Tsubaki warned me. I was sure that I will take a liking to Sakura. I also, maybe, get to train with swords with Berkia, and that will be fun. Tsubaki then walked into the room and they all looked happy to see him. He reached his hand out to me, to show that it was ok. I was still very nervous, but hey... at least Tsubaki will help me settle in. I then took his hand and they all narrowed their eyes at me. Tsubaki raised a hand as if to tell them to stop.

"Everyone, this is my youngest sister. Her name is Shai. She does know me, and is here because of some mistakes I have made. I will not explain since I'm sure you already know," Tsubaki then turn to me, "Shai, the red head is Higan, the blondie with the eyepatch is Shamrock, green head is Sakura, pinky is Berkia, and the girl is Otogirl." He pointed to them also. I waved and smiled since I didn't know what to do. When he let go of my hand, I knew I will be on my own for the rest of the day. Everyone else seemed to go about their business they were attending to before we came in. I noticed that there was someone by the window and recognized them as Sakura. When I got over there he didn't seem to notice me. He was looking outside longingly.

"Um... hello?" I said. He then jumped, and I felt bad.

"Sorry... I didn't realize you didn't notice me," I said. I was nervous, and I could feel my anxiety rising. It was like a burning feeling that started in my heart and started to spread throughout my chest. He had rubbed his head because he had banged it against the wall.

"Nah, it's fine. I wasn't paying any attention to what was happening around me," Sakura said. I was glad he wasn't being mean, but he seemed to be trying to figure out something.

"Hey, what's your age? You look young, like 15 or somethin'," Sakura said to me. So that was what he was thinking about.

"I'm 22 actually," I replied to him. He then gave me this funny look. It seemed like he didn't believe that, but I am telling the truth. Well, most of the truth. I'm actually