Chapter 32

(WITH STEVEN)

Steven still own's his mom's house in Louisiana. So he was there with some of his guys hanging out when some guys showed up to the house with guns. Steven saw them in the security cameras. Before they got into the house, Steven took King understand and hide in the cabinet of the bathroom.

The guys where currently having a shoot out downstairs.

You stay here and you stay quiet okay? Listen to some music", said Steven. "Do not, I repeat. Do not leave unless I come and get you"

"What's going on?", asked King.

"Daddy is just going to play with his friends alright?", said Steven. "Just listen to the music"

"Okay", said King.

Steven put the headphones on King and closed the cabinet door. Steven was furious because he already had a lot going on and now this.

Steven locked the door and grabbed his gun from his pants and walked into the hall. He saw someone but they hid behind the hall.

"How about we go ahead and handle this shit right now. What you want?", asked Steven.

"We just want the boy", said the guy. "That's it. Nobody has to die here. Well at least you don't. I know about your wife. My men are at her location now."

"If they touch her, I'm killing everybody you love. I swear to God", said Steven.

"You don't play about the people you love huh?", asked the guy. "Well you're going to be in for some bad news when you see your babymama...what's here name? Brittney"

"What did you do to her?", asked Steven.

"She's really a ride or die. She didn't wanna tell us where you were. I had to beat it out of her", said the guy. "Something tells me there's something still going on between you guys"

Steven went toward him. The guy felt Steven getting closer and came out in the open.

The both shot at each other. The guy shot Steven in the shoulder and Steven shot him in the heart.

Steven went downstairs and saw five guys that he didn't know dead on the floor. One of Steven's men were killed and the others were injured.

Steven held pressure against his shoulder to stop the bleeding as he went back upstairs to check on King.

He opened the cabinet and King was smiling and nodding his head to the music.

Steven smiled and moved the headphone from one of his ears.

"You okay?", he asked.

"Yea", said King.

Suddenly, Steven heard footsteps and closed the cabinet. He grabbed his gun and stood up.

Malaysia appeared in the doorway.

Steven let out a sigh of relief.

"Where's King?", asked Malaysia.

"Safe", said Steven.

"You okay?", she asked as she looked at his shoulder.

"You wanted me dead anyway so..", he said. "But they want King"

"I know. That's why I came", said Malaysia.

"I don't know these people Malaysia. I didn't do anything for this to happen. I just wanna protect my kids and you so I've calm down and —"

"I know", said Malaysia. "I think this is because of me"

"Because of you?", asked Steven. "Why?"

"I used to work with these people. Me and Jaquavius. He said that he was doing this because I killed Jaquavius and for another reason. I don't know what the other reason is", said Malaysia. "The guy I worked for is...well he's dangerous. More dangerous than you Steven"

"More dangerous than me? Fuck all that. I don't believe that shit", said Steven.

"You should", said Malaysia.

"Why they after King then? Why they ain't after you?", asked Steven.

"I'm trying to figure that out", said Malaysia. "It makes no sense unless..."

"Unless it's his adopted parents", said Steven.

"No. I looked into them, good. They ain't into shit like this", said Malaysia.

"Yea but they were communicating with Jaquavius", said Steven.

"I know because Jaquavius reached out to them", said Malaysia. "I doubt they know the whole crew"

"What if they do?", asked Steven. "Listen, there was a man behind them in court. Every single court day that we had, he was there. I think he's family. He was an older man but not too old. He always had a black dude and a Mexican with him. Almost like he had some importance."

"I don't remember that", said Malaysia. "I was paying attention to who was behind them"

"Yea because you were too worried about the case", said Steven. "The parents may not be the ones who's affiliated with these people. It's the old man. They daddy."

"How do you know it's their father?", asked Malaysia.

"Because... when I kept seeing him I wanted to know who he was. So I looked deeper into them. The man is from New York and he has a record on him. A long one too.", said Steven.

"Yea but he ain't got nothing to do with the people I dealt with. I know the guy that works over everybody", said Malaysia.

"Yea well he just might not be the top dog. Somebody else is and I think it's that man", said Steven.

"Oh my god", said Malaysia.

"Keep an eye on King. He's in the cabinet listening to music. I'm going to make sure nobody else lurking around here", said Steven.

"Okay", said Malaysia.

Steven walked out of the bathroom.

Malaysia sat on the bathroom floor and opened the cabinet door. She looked at King and although he couldn't hear her she spoke to him.

"Mommy, isn't going to loose you again. I promise", said Malaysia. "I'm not going to let that happen to you again"

TO BE CONTINUED...