Chapter 20

Later that night, Malaysia woke up to Rocky licking her face.

"Gross", said Malaysia as moved her face.

Rocky jumped off the bed and began barking.

"I know I know. I need to get up", said Malaysia.

Rocky ran outside of the room and continued to bark.

Malaysia made a face. She felt like he was telling her something.

Malaysia got out of the bed and rushed to follow him.

She saw Steven laying on the couch. There were pills and other drugs on the table.

"Steven?", she called as she walked to him.

Steven didn't respond.

Malaysia rushed to him and shook him.

"Steven?!", she shouted.

Steven didn't respond.

"Oh my God", said before running to her phone. She picked the phone up she dropped it. She picked it back up and called 911.

As she was on the phone with them, she got Steven to the floor and began doing CPR.

"Wake up", she said as she did compressions.

After continuing to do compressions, Steven began coughing but his breathing was severely impaired. 

"He's breathing", said Malaysia.

"Okay, the paramedics should be there in approximately 5 minutes. Stay on the phone until then", said the 911 operator.

"Okay", said Malaysia as she touched Steven's cheeks. "Everything is going to be okay, alright? Just stay with me. Stay with your daughter...with your son..stay with us."

After Steven got to hospital and they recovered him, Malaysia went to his room to see him.

"Hey", said Malaysia.

"I know what you're thinking and it was an accident. I didn't mean to do it", said Steven.

"Well thank God I was there", said Malaysia.

"Thank you for that", said Steven.

"Thank Rocky. He came and got me", said Malaysia. "But when did you start taking popping pills and crack and what else ever was on the table? I mean like Steven, you a crackhead now?"

Malaysia was joking to lighten the mood.

"I'm not addicted. And I didn't even use the crack. I was just poppin some pills that's it", said Steven.

"... one of the things you do is supply drugs so I'm not surprised that you try these things out but... don't ever do that again. You scared me to death", said Malaysia.

"I had a lot on my mind. I took the pill to get my mind off of it but I didn't realize that I took too many. I don't know what happened", said Steven.

"Just don't let it happen again. Better yet, stay away from it", she said. "Just stick to weed. We can do our little smoke sessions. We haven't done that since I got pregnant King"

"Yea we can do that", said Steven with a smile.

Malaysia smiles.

Suddenly, Brittney walks into the room with Sierra.

Malaysia looks back at Brittney then at Steven.

"I called her", said Malaysia. "I felt like she needed to know and you guys need to talk and settle things. What happened at the house wasn't cool and I feel like since you guys are co parenting then... you guess need to be civil. So be nice."

Malaysia stood up and walked toward the door.

"Thank you", said Brittney to Malaysia.

"You're welcome. I still don't care for you but you're welcome" said Malaysia before walking out of the room. Malaysia sat in the lobby and thought about Steven overdosing.

The morning came and the doctor released Steven from the hospital.

"Malaysia I can drive. Chill out", said Steven.

Malaysia gave Steven the keys.

"You hungry? Cause I'm hungry", said Steven.

"Yea but Steven you're acting like this shit was a walk in the park. Like it happens all of the time", said Malaysia. "You were dead"

"... maybe it happened once or twice. This time it was accident do I mean like I'm alive. Ain't no point of sweating it. God gave me another chance", said Steven.

"Wait what? You tried to kill yourself?", asked Malaysia.

"I don't wanna talk about it", said Steven.

"I think we need to talk about it Steven", said Malaysia.

"it's the past. Leave it there", said Steven.

"... well I wanna at least know why you're still alive", said Malaysia.

"...Brittney", said Steven. " saved my life twice and got me out of that dark space."

Malaysia looks down.

"But I'm good now", said Steven. "Last night was an accident"

"Okay Steven. Alright", said Malaysia as she walked to the passenger side of the car.

"Don't baby me now because you know that. I know you so you'd know. I don't think like that anymore", said Steven.

"Okay. Unlock the door", she said.

Steven unlocked the door and they both got into the car.

TO BE CONTINUED....