3} a short but meaningful letter

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I can not feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent."
-Unknown (written on a wall during the Holocaust)

Going all the way back to Munich, seventeen children exactly played soccer in the street. Big grins on their face, and strong determination in their stares they continued to dribble the ball down to the goal. Each child absolutely having a blast after school. The game ended with our young friend Ada scoring a goal and her team cheering in triumph. All the kids gathered together, head to head, and gave another small prayer to the one and only, Adolf Hitler, and continued playing until later on in the evening.

"Gute Nacht!" Ada called over her shoulder to Lila and Peter, "Goodnight!"

"Good night to you also!" Lila smiled, "See you tomorrow!" Ada waved as she reached her front door, and slid inside, smiling to herself, reviewing the fun night she'd had with the neighborhood children. Her mother stood in the kitchen, fixing supper as Ada's younger siblings talked and giggled in the living room. Ada followed the nice aroma of dinner for the night into the kitchen. "Gutentag, Mama."

Her mother looked up and smiled, "How was it? Did you have fun?"

"Yes, Mama, lots." Ada nodded with a grin.

"A letter from Klaus came in the post today-" her mother began. The sound of Ada's older brother's name caught her attention. "Where is it?" she asked quickly.

"You know the rules, Ada, do not interupt me."

Ada grimaced, "Sorry, Mama."

"It's on the coffee table in the living room if you would like to see it."

Half way through her mother's sentence, Ada darted to the other room to get the letter.

Family,
There is talk of war, lots of it. My troop may be sent out if we declare war. I figured you should know. How is Ada, Erika, and Hans doing? Is Ada still interupting? So many questions to ask, I haven't seen all of you in so long!

Miss Ada, you better be keeping up on your schoolwork, or I'll give you a watchen! I can't wait to tease you in person again. Keep an eye on Mama for me, eh? Tell Lila and Peter I say gutentag!

Hans, I'm so proud of you! It seems you are following just behind me, Mama tells me you plan to be a Nazi Party Member also! The Führer is proud of all of us, and just as I said, so am I!

Erika, you'll have to have Mama read this to you, since from what I know of, you can not read yet. Please just be a good girl, and make sure to pray to the Fuhrer everynight, and keep him in your heart. Can't wait to see you!

Can't wait to see you next. We'll have to catch up a little.

Love,Hans

Ada smiled at the neat hand-writing of her her role model. She had a small, but short list of role-models, and if you would take the time to read it, though it wouldn't take long, it is below.

1) The Führer

2) Klaus

3) Her mother

4) The Nazi Party Members, and the Hitler Youth Leaders

5) The Nazi Soilders in general

If you couldn't tell, the Fuhrer was first on the list, just as it was for many German children of that day. Funny how that works.