Thirty five

•Neera•

"Come on, nothing hurts."

"For fuck sake woman, stop." Zack said, he tried to be serious but the amusement was clear in his eyes.

"Zack, come on, you look so fuckable right now. I want you." He got up from the chair beside my bed and came closer to me, his hand went around my neck but he wasn't hurting me and he leaned closer to my ear.

"Neera, you really need to stop. My dick is so hard it hurts, I promise you will pay for this when your wound closes, I will fuck you so hard you won't be able to sit or walk without limping for a week." He whispered in my ear.

"Do you promise?" I asked with a grin.

"Fuck." He groaned and sat back in the chair.

"Okay, I'll stop."

"Thank you."

"Just because our guest will be here soon." I said.

"What are you going to do with him?"

Good fucking question.

I want to kill him, I warned him over and over again about what would happen if he came after me, and yet here he comes. Earlier today I got a call, a call that I only accepted because my phone kept ringing even after I declined more than 10 fucking times.

Flashback.

"What do you want Adonis?" I said coldly after answering the phone.

"To warn you, about Atlas."

"Warn me?"

"Look Neera, I want to apologize for all the shit we did, believe it or not, we- I really care about you. That's why I'm calling. Atlas is going to go after you, I told him to leave you alone, but I doubt that he will listen."

"Let him come. I told you what would happen."

"I know and that's why I'm calling." He said and I heard him take a deep breath.

"You want me to not kill him." I stated.

"Please, he's my brother Neera. I know you warned us both, I'll send him away, but don't kill him."

"Why should I care? I don't owe you anything." I say.

"You don't, but-fuck I beg you. I will be the one in debt to you. Please if not for me for D- "

"Don't you dare, you are alive because of your little brother already."

"Please Death." He says desperately.

"Is he armed?" I ask.

"With a paralyzing gun. "

"I will see what happens." I said and hung up the phone.

End flashback.

"I'm not going to kill him. But only because of Damon, those two are the only thing he has." I say, I look at Zack and he is already looking at me.

"What did you do to Derek?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Who?"

"Come on, Neera."

"Zack, I can look in the other way for a lot of things, but traitors isn't one of them. I don't want you to feel guilty, but he's dead."

"Okay." He simply said and I could see the turmoil in his eyes.

"It was not your fault." I said, he got up and turned his back to me.

"But it is." I hear him say.

"No, you asked him to do it but he should've said no. He chose to betray me, it doesn't matter it was you, he was a rat." I explained.

"Okay, I'm going to see the situation outside." He said and walked out of the room.

Great, just fucking great.

But I don't regret it though, I will protect my job no matter what and Derek was a threat to it. Even if he had talked with any other person he would've died, because the fucking rat talked.

There's the code of silence for a reason.

But he chose to break it anyway.

I understand that Zack must be feeling guilty but he doesn't need to leave, he has to understand my side, it's kill or be killed, it's not like I kill people left and right but this is the job, I have to do a lot of things that I don't like, and I have to move on after that.

While doing my job, I have to be another person, I have to be Death, what if Zack doesn't like that side of me? That side is cold, ruthless, unforgiving, and reckless, even Ivy and Liam don't like and fear that side of me.

But having Death is my way of coping with the things had to do when I was younger and the things I still need to do sometimes.

Yes, I have DID (dissociative identity disorder) this was my way of protecting myself when I started harder jobs like killing. I don't lose my memories when I became her, but my personality changes, my body language changes and even my voice.

I can control it though and I do take medication but I don't really know how that works but she only comes out in extreme situations, or when I'm extra irritated, like the first day in the office with the twins.

Zack doesn't know that side of me.

Fuck he will think I'm crazy and he will probably leave me.

Should I tell him? Or should I keep hiding this side of me?

"Hello, baby girl. " I was so deep in thought that I didn't even notice coming in.

"Atlas."

"You are coming home with me." He said and took a step closer, I pull the gun I had next to me under the covers and pointed at him.

"Stop, Atlas. Just stop, sit down." I said coldly.

"Put the gun down baby, you don't want to hurt me." He said and I chuckled darkly, I can feel myself slipping away.

"But I do, I'm so fucking done with you, that I want you tied up in chains in my basement, I want to skin you alive, spoon your eyeballs out, cut your tongue and hear you chocking in your own blood." By now my whole body is tense, my eyes darker, my voice deeper and my face emotionless.

"I-I- " He was pale as a ghost.

"What did you do to the others?"

"T-they are down." He said slowly.

"Hurt?"

"No."

"Good, so this is how's going to be." I said and got up from the bed, if I'm in pain I can't feel it right now.

I won't kill him, but that doesn't mean he's going to get out of here walking.