Twenty three

•Neera•

I'm finally on my way back home, and Zack Carter is coming with me, I don't know how I expected the conversation to go but it surely it wasn't like this, it feels to easy.

Does he believe me?

Is he going to try anything?

Is it a trap?

I don't fucking know.

My phone keeps vibrating in the back pocket of my jeans, the car is silent but you can hear the buzz of me phone everytime another text comes. It's the twins, more specifically Adonis, apologizing for his words, one or two from Atlas saying he misses me.

Why can't they just forget, they don't know nothing about me, and I don't know nothing about them. We slept together, once. That's all. I like them but not that deep, they need to move the fuck on.

I park my car in front of the door, and get out, Zack is looking all around.

"No security?"

"If you are talking about guards, no I don't want them here, but the house on the left and right are mine too and are full of them, but there's a lot of security you just can't see it." I said and walked to the door.

"Why? Most of the mafias have guards all around."

"True, but one, I'm not like them. And two, even though I work in the office inside this house and work every day, this place is my home, my-how do I say it? I don't know I just like to have my privacy and my time alone with me family." I said, I opened the door and got in, the phone was still vibrating and was starting to get on my nerves now.

"It's a lovely home." He said looking at the photos on the walls. I notice a fat envelope with my name on it and pick it up.

"Thank you, I do have some rules, but since you are my guest I'll try to b- "

"Your house, your rules, whatever you say I'll do it." He said, I gave him a smile and then opened the envelope.

I'm so happy, that I'm crying.

"Let's go, I have some news to share." I walked to the living room, when Liam saw who was following me, he jumped out of the couch where the girls and Theo were.

"What the fuck Nee? The agent? Really?"

"Just trust me, Liam. Please?"

"Liam Smith?" Zack asks.

"Liam Zade, not Smith. Zade."

"Sorry, nice to meet you. I'm Zack, but you must know that already." He said and put his hand out, Liam took it.

"I didn't know that." Came my super excited Ivy.

"You're Ivy, correct?"

"Do you know everything about my mother?"

"No, but I would like to know more. Nice to meet you." He said, I looked at him, he was shaking hands with her but looking at me.

"And this is Alice and little Theo." I said, picking him up.

"Nice to meet you." They said to each other.

"Zack will be staying with us until he decides to leave so you know how to treat him. Now, I want everyone to get ready, dress fancy we are going out for dinner to celebrate." I said with a big smile.

"Celebrate, what?" Liam asked.

"Alice and Theo are officially and legally part of the family." I said.

"Really?" Alice asked with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, you and Theo are mine and no one can take you way." I said and she hugged me.

Liam and Ivy congratulated her and hugged her and Zack looked at me.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room so you can get ready."

"What happened to the girl?" He asked when we we going a the stairs.

"Alice is sixteen and I found her working at one of my bars, when I questioned the manager and he told me why he gave her the job, long story short, mother died giving birth to Theo, the father didn't care about any of them. One day I went to her house and she was black and blue and bleeding on the floor, I adopt them."

"Uau." He said.

"Yeah, uau. This will be you room, mine is next door, if you need anything just come in. We'll leave in an hour."

"Thank you." He said. I turned around and went to my room.

I took my clothes off and little Theo's and got in the shower with him against my chest. We took a quick shower with some cries because he doesn't like water, I got out and wrapped a big towel around us.

I dressed Theo and with the towel wrapped around me I took him downstairs. I had to walk slowly because I don't know how to Walk without heels. Weird, I know. Liam was ready and waiting for us on the couch.

"Give him milk, before we go ." I said, I gave him Theo.

"Neera, why is the FBI agent in our house?" Liam asked.

"I'm still asking that to myself." I said and walked away.

I ran up the stairs, big fucking mistake, when I was getting close to my door I fell hard.

"Fuck." I said, I heard a door opening and footsteps.

"Are you okay?"

Double fuck.

It's Zack.

"Perfect." I answered sarcastly.

"Give me your hand." He said. I turned around and gave him my hand.

Triple fuck.

When he pulled me up, my towel decided to stay on the ground, so now he's in his black slacks, white shirt open, showing his stomach and chest. And there's me, completely naked, my nipples hard but honestly I can't tell if is the cold or because of him.

We stay there for what feels like hours, his eyes never leaving mine, and every time I stare at those amber eyes I feel more and more intoxicated by him. But I don't want to look away.

He slowly bends down and picks up the towel, I take it from his hands.

"Thank you." I said, I turned around and walk away with the towel in my hand.

How do I calm down these butterflies?