Chapter 22 - Lost Memories

(Nekri POV)

The attacks have come to a halt. No sightings or injuries. Radio silent from their end. I know this is a ploy to take our guard down. "Nek, What are thinking about?" Sidon asked. 

"Hm?".

"You're making the face and doing the weird lip bite," He laughed imitating me. I swat at him. We're chilling in one of the Zora sitting rooms lounging on the couches. It's been a crazy few weeks. Everyone thinks I'm some blessed Hylia girl which I am. It's just weird to hear people acknowledge it. Some people think I'm even Hylia, attempting to touch, smell or even taste me. Weird. The respect though has been warmly welcomed. Finally people are listening to me. Zelda however has been in somewhat a hibernation. The outburst at the palace had the whole kingdom outraged. The castle has been on lockdown. In some respect I'm smug but I do feel bad for the girl.

 She did sacrifice her childhood but alas those in power aren't really in control. 

I'm welcomed back to reality with a pillow smacking my face. I jolt back and Sidon is toothily grinning in my face. "Got you," He laughed and I rolled my eyes promptly grabbing a pillow and hitting him across the face. He smirks and a full fight emerges. 

"Ow, Ow-" I yell and burst out laughing and he does too. We slump back down to the couches out of breath and giggling in between every gasp.

"Man, I love being with you Nek," He says looking me directly in the eye. 

I blink and stutter," and I you.". I smile and so does he.

 This connection. It's addictive. 

He inches closer and closer, I start to breath heavier. Is this? My breath becomes more short and flustered. 

I lose control.

My mind flashes back.

"Nekri, You are so stupid," Idak laughs as I pry my arrow out of a nearby bird house. "I THOUGHT I COULD GET IT THROUGH THE HOLE," I yell in frustration. It really is lodged in there. "I'll help," and he runs over places his hands over mine. Gently but firmly. We pull together and then we both fall to the ground with the stray arrow finally out and in my hand. "Nice job," I say high fiving him and he grins. You know those moments where you lock eyes and you can't help but feel pure joy. You know this person feels it too. That slight race in your heart and warmth filling you from head to toe. 

Idak. 

"Nekri?" He whispered and smiling slowly touching my hand. He cups it and holds it. He holds both of them and we look out. We're in the field over by one of the wheat fields. Flat ground where you could just run for hours.  "Idak, These past few months have been surreal," I say. "Being part of the Young Knight training, making these friends, meeting you," I slyly smile and I glance up. I've always envied his height. He absolutely towers above me. His black hair flops over his eyes except that one micro braid he has swings over from his ear. He smiles and whispers something unintelligible "Wha-?" I start but I'm cut off my his sudden kiss. He moves his hands up from my hands to my cheeks.

Engulfed in the moment, I grab his hips and pull them towards mine. The hurried breathing and gasps of air. 

"Nek?".

I gasp for air. "Thank Hylia you woke up," Sidon says leaning over me panicked. He woke me up. I look at him slightly peeved. he looks taken aback and resigns back to his corner of the couch. I sit up and just regain my thoughts. 

My heart yearns for Sidon but my head screams for Idak.

For a boy I can barely remember.

"Sidon I-" I stammer but a guard walks in.

"I'm sorry to intrude but we've had an urgent message from the castle," He says and me and Sidon stand up.

"What is it," We question.

"Zelda has been reported missing for three days,".

What.