Chapter 13 - Rito Ambush

(Zelda POV)

" We have three Rito foot soldiers in bandages and moderate injuries," A rito soldier reported. He had flown in about an hour ago.

 Apparently, the Rito have been facing some attacks but there have been no witnesses. Every time a Rito was injured, they blacked out just before they could see their opponent. Then why injure them? " I find it curious they would not,let's theoretically say kidnap or severely hurt them?" I mention as I walk over to examine the leftovers of the crime scene. A small piece of red cloth was torn off one of the invaders. A faint purple sort of goo had stained into it. I tiredly rub my eyes.

 "I and Link will be over there immediately, Just tell Chief Kaneli we'll be a day away," I request of the Rito Soldier. He nods and I wish him well. 

"This is so sudden, Those intruders have some sort of ulterior motive," I state to Link as he observes the notes of all the recent disturbances. "I really have no idea what's going on, unfortunately, only time will tell," He shrugs.

 I huff a sigh of annoyance. Leading Hyrule is a lot harder than I thought. Then it hit. Bam. I glance up to the wall of my study and a photo of me and my father consumes my vision. He should be here. He should be leading. 

The rightful leader of Hyrule. 

I sniffle and Link hurriedly puts a hand on my shoulder. He knows what I'm feeling. He's the only one. I get up and hug him tight. "We can't give up, It's not what they would've wanted," He whispers to me. I nod and I just enjoy his touch. His scent. He pulls away and leads me to go to my bedroom. As I get settled in he heads for the door but I latch onto his hand. "Stay till I fall asleep, we have a long journey to Rito village ahead of us," I ask and he accepts. The only thing I remember of that night was the feel of his tunic against my skin.

I arise to the bright shine of the sun peeking through my curtains. He's disappeared. No matter I rush to gather my belongings. Something just feels wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it. Hmmm. I head down to the stables to surprisingly find Link already woken up and commanding the guards of the added security we are adding to the castle. "Good sleep?" Link asks as he helps me up onto my horse. "Alright, these problems are just piling up. Who knows what could happen next?" I sigh. "There's only so much we can do, Don't stress yourself out." He says as he mounts our own. I shrug and we set off on our ride.