12.

Isabella's POV:

I woke up this morning, my eyes were all puffy and I didn't sleep so much, since I was crying the whole night. I just put on a simple hoodie and sweatshirt.

 I just put on a simple hoodie and sweatshirt

the outfit.

I walked into school and then got a message from D

Bestiee🤍.
Babe i'm sorry, my mom apparently had a dentist appointment for me today🙄
07:45AM

So I won't be here for the first two periods💔
07:45AM

This was my 13th reason
you're done 😭💀
07:45AM

BAHAHAHAHAH LMFAO

I guess its just going to be me.

I was on my way to my locker when I heard someone calling me, I looked up and saw Grayson standing by my locker, waiting for me. As if my day couldn't get worse.

"Hey, I called you last night like 5 times and I texted you too," he said confused, well he sounded confused. "I didn't notice," I shrugged and opened my locker so now he couldn't look at me because my locker was literally in his face. But unfortunately, he moved to the other side.

"I don't know why you're acting like a bitch again, I'm just trying to make a conversation with you and now you're acting as if we don't know each other," he said, and for someone who was "not a morning person" like he always said, he is now talking way to much "then let's make that happen hmm?" I smiled fake at him. His lips went into a thin line, before nodding his head and walking away.

Maybe it wasn't the right thing to say but he was annoying me so much.

...

It was now lunch break and i was so hungry, well it's not so smart to skip breakfast after you only ate lunch and ice cream the day before but hey, I'm just a teenage girl!

I walked over to my locker to put my bag in it because that shit weights like an elephant. "Yooo Bells wassup," Chris' voice boomed through the halls, luckily (for the first time ever) no one was giving him attention. "Hey Chris," I said. "Okay, something is up, first Gray acting like someone killed his mother, and now you?" he said confused "Chris, I don't know what you're talking about," hoping he could get the clue but no, he didn't.

"What, did he do something to you? Because I swear to God if he did I will-," I interrupted him "no Chris he didn't do anything, it was me saying it was better if we'd stop seeing each other," I shrugged it off but Chris didn't "wait, you guys were seeing each other???" he gasped.

"Oh my god no, not even in his dreams! I mean, it would be better if he and i would stop hanging out with each other," I said nonchalantly. "Wait, but why?" he asked.

Oh my God this man can't stop asking questions. "He said i was acting like a bitch again because I-," he interrupted me "what the fuck! Why would he say that?" he said furiously.

"No listen, it's not like that, I was acting like a bitch and shutting him out," trying to calm Chris down, especially since he was drawing attention to us.

"But why? I've known you for a couple months, but I know this isn't how you would normally act," he said "what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Shutting other people out, that isn't like you, you're the one always with the most energy and the best clothing style even if it's -3000 degrees and now you're here in sweatpants and a hoodie even tho it's not that freezing it's already march and because of all that shit I don't know something's up"

I took a deep breath. I knew I can trust him right? Yes without hesitation.

I took another breath before I pulled him into the janitors closet "Chris," I started and he was calm before panicking "oh no no no, you do NOT have feelings for me I don't want Gray killing me for stealing his gi-," I interrupted him by saying "Oh my God no no no not like that all! It's something serious," I said. He nodded telling me to continue.

My hands started shaking and he grabbed them, I knew it was a friendly move but it helped "uhm- last night my uhm- mother, she told me that... no she showed me a letter, it was from the army. My dad, he died," I said and I didn't notice I was crying until he wiped my tears away and embraced me in a hug.

"Shit man, oh my god I am so sorry for you Isa," he hugged me even tighter "I am 100% sure that would be so proud of you, you're doing so good in school and you are the nicest person I know. He died knowing you loved him very much. And now he's in a better place come here," and he gave me another hug.

After about 5 minutes I calmed down and thanked him. We walked out of the janitors closet and then I saw him there, Grayson. Looking hurt. Oh shit. "Grayson," I said trying to sound normal. His face went emotionless and he walked over to Chris. "Hey man, where were you I was looking for you," he said, completely ignoring my existence.

"I was here, talking to Isabella," he said confused pointing his finger at me "alright let's go we're hungry and we've been waiting for you for 10 minutes now" Grayson said, still ignoring me.

I felt a pang in my heart, and before I'd let the tears come rolling down my face, AGAIN, I just walked away. "Yeah okay, wait, Isa! Come sit with us at lunch," Chris said. No.

"No it's okay I'm not hungry, and I was planning on going to the library anyways." I told him, trying to ignore the fact that Gray was staring into my soul.

"No you're coming with us to sit with us, Justin, Grayson and me. Now," I gave in, knowing I wouldn't win this discussion anyways. "Okay alright " I said rolling my eyes "don't roll your eyes at me!" He said and I laughed.

"What are you gonna do about it," I said and tried to run away but he grabbed my backpack and I almost fell on the floor but I bumped into Grayson. He cleared his throat and made it immediately akward. I adjusted myself and we walked to the cafeteria in silence

This is going to be awkward as fuck.

A/N (UPDATED 16/10/2023)
I'm cringing so much because of the MISTAKES I've made in this book, and I have only edited this chapter, and that was already a lot, and I know there are still a lot of mistakes, but please bare with me