Characters

This are the main characters in the story.

Flash—Speed Force super speed

Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen (born March 14, 1989) is a scientist in the Criminal and Forensic Science Division of the Central City Police Department

Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen (born March 14, 1989) is a scientist in the Criminal and Forensic Science Division of the Central City Police Department. He is the son of the late Henry and Nora Allen, the foster son turned son-in-law of Joe West, the husband of Iris West-Allen and the brother-in-law of Wally West, the archenemy of Eobard Thawne, as well as the father of his future children, Nora West-Allen and Bart Allen.

Barry's mother was murdered when he was 11 years old on March 18, 2000 and the blame was wrongfully placed on his father. He was taken in by Joe and he dedicated his life to proving his father's innocence. After the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator exploded, causing a giant thundercloud to form, Barry was struck by lightning from a cloud, falling into a coma for nine months. When he woke up from his coma, Barry discovered that he had developed superhuman speed and various other abilities derived from it. Using these powers to protect Central City, he began acting as the meta-human superhero known as the Flash, initially referred to by the media as the Red Streak, the Streak and the Blur, stylized as the "Scarlet Speedster".

Barry spent the next several months fighting crime, taking down numerous meta-human villains and other criminal elements, assisted by Team Flash. All the while, he worked with Joe to get Henry out of prison and with Harrison Wells to get faster and develop his abilities. Barry later found out that the latter was the evil speedster Eobard Thawne from the future, having stolen Wells' identity, and the man who murdered his mother. In a final confrontation between the two, Eobard gave Barry the chance to undo what he did in exchange for assistance in returning to his time. Barry decided against doing this, which ultimately led to Eobard's ancestor killing himself to erase Eobard from existence.

Several months later, Barry finally saw his dad become a free man using a video will left by Eobard. It was also at this time Barry came under attack by meta-humans from Earth-2 led by Zoom, another evil speedster who needed Barry's speed to prevent himself from dying. Barry is eventually forced to comply to save Wally West, temporarily becoming a normal human again until Team Flash worked to get him his speed back. Barry soon after defeated Zoom, but not before his father is murdered in front of him. This sends Barry into a depression, and, not thinking clearly, goes back in time to save his mother, creating another timeline.

After Barry undid Flashpoint, a time loop was created with a possible future of Iris dying in front of Barry. A time remnant of Barry from this future was created, and after being shunned for not being the original Barry he became a powerful, mythical, armoured speedster, known as Savitar. After his transformation into Savitar, he sought to ensure his existence by murdering Iris in order to drive his younger self into the circumstances that led to his creation. When battling his younger self he referred to himself as the Future Flash. He was later erased from existence after he failed to recreate the circumstances of his own creation. However, this victory was short-lived; Barry was forced to enter and remain in the Speed Force indefinitely to save the world.