Chapter 21

(To Sierra for always supporting me!!! :) Thank you Sierra!)

Chapter 21

Erik stood up, slowly raised his glass, and got everyone’s attention. “Everyone I’d like to make a toast to my beautiful new wife Melinda Henderson!”

All the vampires raised their glasses in unison and said, “To Melinda Henderson!” When everybody sat back down the room went silent. Listening closely, I head a heartbeat, not a slow heartbeat like Erik, Michelle and mine’s, but a fully beating heart. A human was here at my wedding.

“Melinda, sweetie, is something wrong?” he whispered quietly.

“There’s a human here, can you not hear a full beating heart or smell their blood?” I started panicking as we both looked around for where Michelle was. Thankfully, she was with Carly still.

“Guards!” he shouted. “Get that boy I believe he’s a vampire hunter!” Erik pointed to a tall boy with brown hair with a stake in his back pocket. He started running, trying to get away, but the guards grabbed him by his arms.

“Vampire hunter, what are you doing at my wedding?” Erik growled through his teeth.

“I—I—I,” he trembled.

“Tell me why you are here!” Erik flashed his fangs at him.

“The baby. . . I was told I would get a reward if I brought her to him.”

“Him who? Explain yourself!”

“My Master sir. . .”

“Your Master? Are you not a vampire hunter?”

“No sir, just a human, that’s all I am.”

“Then why did you have this stake in your pocket?” He pulled out his stake.

“In case I needed to kill a few of you, sir. . .” He started to tear up. “Sir, my Master, will kill me if I don’t bring her the baby.” The boy slipped up saying her instead of him.

“Is your Master a him or her? Why do they want our baby?”

“A woman sir, and she’ll change me if I bring back that baby. If I don’t I’ll die!”

Erik glared, “You’ll be lucky if I don’t kill you! Tell me what she wants with our baby!”

“I’m not sure myself, please believe me, let me go.”

“Then reveal who your Master is!” I yelled frustrated with his vague answers.

“She’s in this room My Lady. I won’t reveal her name though.” Erik put a stake to his heart.

“If you don’t want this stake through your back then tell us!”

“It’s her,” he pointed towards Carly. My mouth dropped to the floor. He was lying, had to be, Carly would never do such a thing.

“Liar!” I screamed. She started casually walking for the door. “Carly, say it’s not true!” She turned back around.

“I want your baby because I can’t have one! You and him trampled everyone, and you still got what you wanted!” Tears streamed down my face, stinging my cheeks. How could she say such a thing? Michelle was still in her arms, but a few guards swiftly took her away from her. Richard growled at both me and Erik.

“Richard, did you know about this?” He looks him in the eye.

“I didn’t know, but I am still going to protect Carly! She’s my eternal partner Erik! Just let her go I’ll talk with her,” he almost pleaded.