2- Mr. Baker

Erin showed me where my government class was and then left to her class. I hesitantly entered the classroom and showed my new teacher, Mr. Raff, my schedule. He looked old and mean; and he proved my assumption correct within the first five minutes of class. After the bell rang, he pulled me up to the front of the classroom and introduced me to the class. I felt my face burning as everyone mumbled a greeting. I finally got to sit down in the back of the class and then we took a test over things I hadn't learned at my old school. I officially hated government- and Mr. Raff.

When the class ended, I looked at my schedule and saw that I had history next- didn't Erin say she had that with me? I also noticed it was across the school. I sighed in annoyance and headed towards the C Hallway. I was in the H hallway when I got completely lost and I was pretty sure I'd been holding my map upside down. I looked up and instantly wished I hadn't; because a few feet away from me stood a man with blond hair and eyes that had specks of all kinds of colors. He was tall, pale and staring at me intently.

My mind screamed 'mate' and dread filled me. I didn't want a mate. A mate was someone that you were supposed to love and spend the rest of your life with, but I didn't want to be tied down to one man forever. I wanted to travel and be in a band and be reckless.

Why do I have a mate? Because I'm a Tiger Shifter; I can turn into a giant tiger whenever I feel like it. And that part of me wanted its mate. But the rest of me- the human part- hated the idea. And now, I had seen my mate and it felt so real. I wanted to run over and hug him, yet run away at the same time. I chose the latter and turned and ran in the opposite direction; ignoring the stares I was getting from the passing students. Once I was sure I had lost him, I asked a teacher for directions to the C wing and got there right as the bell rang.

"Can I help you?" The teacher in the front of the classroom asked. I checked my schedule and saw that her name was Ms. Miller.

I replied quietly, "I'm Tally and I'm new. I have this class."

She looked over her roster and nodded, "Alright, take an empty seat and have someone catch you up on what we're doing." I turned to the class and saw Erin had an empty seat next to her. I took it and she grinned at me... Then Ms. Miller started teaching. 

It didn't matter how much I tried to focus, my mind kept drifting back to the handsome guy in the hallway. My heart ached when I even thought about him and how I had run off. What else could I have done though? I couldn't be with him- I had plans! Why couldn't this have happened in five years, when I was ready to settle down? That would have been perfect- Briiiiing!

I jumped and looked around the room for the source of the strange noise. Erin laughed at me, "It was the bell. Come on, I'll show you where your next class is. You have Mr. Baker next; lucky."

"Yeah, because English is just so exciting," I retorted sarcastically, following her out of the classroom and into the crowded hallway.

She turned to smirk at me, "It is when you have Mr. Baker. Just wait and see- I swear every girl in this school has a crush on him."

"If you say so," I muttered, disbelievingly. I didn't see how any teacher could be cute; they were all old and grumpy at my old school. Besides, the only guy I could think about right now was my mate. Erin grinned, oblivious to my thoughts, and grabbed my wrist, pulling me along impatiently.

When we got to the classroom, she let go of me, "I'll see you at lunch and we'll talk about how hot he is." I rolled my eyes, but she ran off before I could argue. So I walked inside the class and felt all my muscles freeze up instantly. My mate was there, but not where I expected him to be. He was sitting behind the teacher's desk, using the computer. My mind went into panic mode, trying to process what was happening. My teacher was my mate. My mate was Mr. Baker.