A little problem

(Little doodle of Den and Kin so y'all can have an idea on how they both look like).

Warning: brief description of several dismembered bodies close to the end, not very graphic (I hope so) but still, proceed with caution.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Resting Grounds was a special place for the Moth Tribe, specially after the defeat of the Old Light, not only was it the place where the tribe had dwelled since their creation, but it was also a place remote enough to discourage any bugs that wanted to harm them for the actions of their old goddess.

Being one of the oldest of the tribe, Seer was specially cautions when it comes to protect them, she and the other elder moths make sure that the caterpillars and young moths were secured in the center of the Grounds and the stronger warriors were always prepared for an attack.

But no one of that happened, luckily the only souls visiting their lands these days were the children of the Old Darkness. The little Vessels got the idea that now that the Moth Tribe was under the Old Darkness "protection" it means that they were 'friends' of some type.

It wasn't really a problem, if being on good terms with the children of the one who ended the suffering that their goddess had caused to them and to Hallownest meant that no one would be coming to attack them for revenge any time soon, the moths were more than willing to share their time with the little ones.

So, when two of them got off the elevator that connected them to the capital of the kingdom, no one reacted beyond a greeting and point out where the young moths had gathered to play that day.

Seer had even started collecting some ingredients to offer them a snack, seeing that these were larger than the Vessels that usually visited them, so she suspected that they had come to seek some advice from larger moths.

It turns out to be something much more serious when they approach after they see her and despite their always expressionless and unmoving faces, she knows that they are worried about something.

That something turns out to be a someone.

It is through signs that they make her aware that they are looking for some new Vessels that the Old Darkness sensed entering Hallownest, that they sensed them somewhere between Crystal Peak and the Resting Grounds, and oh she silently prays for the poor soul that had just signed their death sentence by stealing Void to the God of Gods.

And she doesn't fear for a second that the two in front of her will accuse her or the tribe of anything, not as surely other bugs would've done, if one of those new Vessels had set foot here, they would both have seen them.

There weren't many places to hide in the Resting Grounds as much as Seer wanted to in those first few weeks of uncertainty.

Which only left Crystal Peak as an option of their whereabouts, there were some caves that could serve as an entrance without needing to go all the way back to Crossroads' entrance.

The caves were quite high up, but there were enough ledges that the Vessels could safely climb in to reach them.

And as he watched them climb towards the caves, Seer returned to her food preparation, while all around her the rest of her moths prepared to cure them as soon as they returned from the caves.

Because the mines could be dangerous if you didn't know how to navigate them, and as much as she knew how resilient the children of the Old Dark were, it was still better to be safe than sorry.