The Last Ones

It took Ghost a long time to separate from their Sibling, it felt as if they were going to disappear the moment Ghost stop holding them, their appearance was already worrisome from afar but now, being face to face they could confirm that the damage more than terrible.

There was a hideous wound on the side of their little sibling's face, their mask completely broken on the side, void oozing and falling to the ground before crawling back to the body to repeat the process.

And the leak wasn't even the most worrying thing of Lost-now-Found, the obvious tendrils made of void -something Ghost had only seen on Siblings who preferred to stay as Shades rather than reclaim their shells back- were moving freely when the mask should keep all of it inside and protected.

How that mask even still standing in the first place? With so many cracks if it was obvious that it wasn't working the way it should. Why didn't little Lost-now-Found one just turn into a shade and let Ghost just carry their mask the rest of the way if they wanted to keep it so bad?

Their little sibling looked like a Shade that had put on their broken mask and gone about their day! As if they didn't see the point of healing themselves (as if they didn't know how to heal themselves).

Turning into a shade when taking too much damage was supposed to be natural to all Vessels, even Hallow did it when was pretending to be empty of will, the mere thought of one of them having to endure the immense pain of a broken shell... Without the relief to let it go until being healed, it made them want to get home even faster so their Father could fix that.

So, in the end, Ghost had to move a bit away from their little sibling so they could began their way back home, they could already feel the connection between them forming, no words have been spoken yet between the two of them, but some feelings had begun to form so Ghost was able to sense what was happening on their siblings head.

It seemed that their little sibling already trusted them even if they were still wary of Ghost, that was good, it means taking them back should be as easy as ask them and they could avoid unnecessary fights, but that was already obvious from the fact that they let Ghost touch them at all.

Then they turned their gaze to Queen Herrah, seeing how she was ignoring them in favor of scolding Hornet for going off into the caves on her own and checking her for any injuries.

(Ghost felt a bit offended at the latter, they weren't going to let their siblings get hurt under any circumstances, much less their littlest sister!)

A feeling of curiosity began appear on the other side of the still weak mind-link of their little sibling, returning their gaze at them, Ghost met one single eye looking back, as if they're also analyzing and spotting the differences between the two despite both being born from the same substance.

While Ghost only shown their void through their eyes, the rest of their body was similar to the Pale King's but bigger thanks to Mother's own input on their birth, meanwhile their sibling looked more like one of the ants they had seen on the Colosseum of Fools when they went there, -and their void was everywhere where it shouldn't be- they looked like something coming from Ghost worst nightmares.

But this wasn't the time for losing the calm, Ghost's priority was take them home, where Father could heal them in a better way, this much damage was worrisome and Ghost was sure it would be better if the recovery began at home. With that in mind, they offered their hand to their sibling, so they could began the walk back home.

They took it. There was still mistrust there, but it didn't dampen the growing hope that could feel in the link. It was a step in the right direction and that was all Ghost could ask for.