The Earth Below

There's an important message at the end of this chapter. But first off, thank you for 30k reads on this book. Also, if you haven't already, I reccomend you catch up on the chapters with a title in bold of the rewrite before reading this chapter.

▬▬▬▬▬⇩⇩▬▬▬▬▬●
A piglin is a neutral mob found in the Nether. They become hostile unless the player is equipped with at least one piece of golden armor.
▬▬▬▬▬⇧⇧▬▬▬▬▬●

Speedrunning is a common thing in your group now. Manhunt is just a pastime. Minty finally got over her fear of not coming back.

You jumped into the lava lake in the Nether, not before drinking a fire resistance potion. You and Dream got separated, so you were on your own with Minty and Bad on your tail. You planned to save the potion for a stunt you and Dream were going to do, but you had no choice.

The hot liquid still burned, but it wasnt as bad as it should've been. Most of the pools you'd jumped into in the past were incredibly deep, but this one was shallow.

Curious, you moved forward a bit. There was a hole. The only thing you could see was the lava around. Well, that's what you would see if you dared to open your eyes.

Dipping your foot into said hole, you realized it wasn't just a ditch. It had to go somewhere. Sucking up all the doubts you may have had about this suspicious opening, you dropped down into it.

To your surprise, the was slime at the bottom to soften your fall. Has somebody been down here? There was a long tunnel ahead, lit up by shroomlights. It looked like it went on for quite a while.

"Well, I already jumped down. Might as well see it through," you muttered.

————•————

By the time you got to the end of the tunnel, you were exhausted. In front of you stood a cleared out area. A tall mansion made of nether blocks and a few things brought from the overworld were there too. It was surrounded by crimson trees.

You, being the stupid person you are, walked up to the building and knocked on it. There wasn't a response, so you assumed it was empty. The door creaked when you opened it.

The hall alone made you unsettled. The whole area and, from what you would see, the whole mansion was made of nether bricks. There were wither skulls lined across the walls. How could someone collect so many skulls..

Swallowing your fears, you continued down the hall. Up ahead was a stairway, made from black bricks with a dark red carpet on them. Thankfully, the stairs didn't creak like the front door. Then again, they seemed to be made of stone.

Upstairs there was a door that was cracked open. There was voices in coming from the room, so you decided to eavesdrop.

"...Techno, are you sure we should go through with this?"

"Phil is right, they're not purposefully invading. Besides, they don't even know we're here."

The person you assumed to be 'Techno' let out a disapproving grunt. They had to be talking about somebody. It could've been anyone, though invading? Your group has been utilising the nether quite frequently for your manhunts.

"Maybe they don't, but they're getting too close. You know, that green haired one once killed one of our accomplices. The Syndacite can't afford to lose anymore people."