Chapter 12

George POV 

Darkness stole away his vision, his head throbbing from the previous impact. Around him, the room filled with the sounds of screaming and sloshing water.

George inched his foot towards the edge of the bed, terrified of toppling off the edge into the black waters. In a room where sight was useless, he knew nothing of where he'd end up or if there was something lurking in the water.

Cold liquid lapped up to his thighs, and he heard Skeppy shouting for everyone to get to higher ground.

"George!" The bunk above him creaked. "Give me your hand!"

Turning cautiously in the direction of Dream's voice, George ducked his head and kept one hand on the underside of the top bunk. His free hand flailed in thin air, fingers stretching in the dark.

"Where are you?!"

"Over here, I'm leaning over the side."

Warm skin brushed chilled wet flesh, and George nearly cried in relief when Dream's hand wrapped his own firmly.

"Are you ready? I'm going to pull you out, try to reach up and grab the railing." The dirty blond's voice was directly above him.

By now the water lapped at George's waist, and he shut out the sloshing splashes of Sapnap, Wilbur, and Sykunno attempting to get to their own top bunks.

"Ready!"

The pull came hard, grip tightening as he was whipped out from between the mattresses. George yelped, his legs dragging in the water and the bed disappearing from beneath him. Holy shit... he's fucking strong.

The brunette threw an arm up and out, fingers grazing icy metal and latching on tight.

"I got the.." He sucked in a breath. "...the railing."

Another creak of the mattress, and a second hand brushed George's cheek, following the curve of his skin down his neck before fisting in his soaked tracksuit top.

Dream grunted, lifting the brunette towards himself, and George struggled to maintain his slippery grip on the bunk. Water tugged on his lower half, hungrily trying to drag him back down. Breath huffed, both men working together until George felt the brush of the railing against his stomach.

In the dark, his hands shot out to grasp stable ground, and he slammed chest to chest into a dry body. Dream fell back, lurching the brunette further onto him until heaving breaths pushed pounding hearts together. His head dropped to Dream's shoulder, soaking in the body heat seeping through to warm his chilled skin.

Dream's hold on his shirt softened, hand sliding over the brunette's body as if searching for injuries. "You okay?"

"Fine, thank you." George gasped out, his brain delaying the realization that he was straddling the dirty blond's lap. He scrambled off, sitting more appropriately next to Dream instead.

The hand on his back snuck up to ruffle his hair in reply before raising his voice, "Is everyone up?"

"We're good!" Wilbur responded.

"I've got Sy." Corpse added.

"What the fuck is going on?" Sapnap shouted. "The sick fucks said we could rest!"

"They never said for how long." George replied grimly. 

"The doors." Skeppy called, his bunk creaking. "We need to check the doors."

"The bathroom would already be flooded." George reminded him, his voice pitching slightly. "And the only other door would be suicide trying to reach, we can't see shit."