Chapter 3

Time passes by and before Light knows it the sun is rising. Everyone working on the case fell asleep except for Ryuzaki. Ryuzaki is still working perfectly fine, he doesn't even look the slightest bit tired. Light is exhausted, his eyes hurt, and he feels like he is going to collapse any minute. Even though he feels like he is going to shut down he's trying his best to stay awake to work on the case.

Ryuzaki looked over and saw Light yawning, "Hey, go get some sleep. I can work alone, it doesn't bother me." Ryuzaki didn't sound very concerned, he sounded very monotone. Light could tell that Ryuzaki was tired but he didn't know why he wasn't sleeping.

"You get some sleep too." Light insisted. Light was pretty worried for Ryuzaki. He looked dreadful. "You look as if you have been awake for days." Light commented.

"You're right, I haven't slept in days, maybe even weeks."

"What? Do you have insomnia or something?" Light was even more worried than before. In fact Light has never seen Ryuzaki sleep, not once.

Ryuzaki let out a big sigh, "I do it's none of your concern though."

Light wanted to talk to Ryuzaki more but his eyes started to feel heavy and his sight turned dark. He fell asleep just like the other task force members did. Ryuzaki kept working until everyone woke up.

As the members woke up they left and went back home for the day except for his dad and Ryuzaki.

Soichiro looked awfully upset but he had to do what had to be done. "Son, just know I am sorry." As Light was distracted by his father he heard a cold metal on his wrist. Light looked down and saw Ryuzaki attaching a handcuff on his wrist.

"Wait what's going on? You guys don't suspect me to be Kira do you?" Light felt betrayed; he couldn't believe he was being handcuffed by his partner and his father. "Remove these handcuffs."

Ryuzaki looked up and made eye contact with Light. "We have to take all precautions for this case. Don't take it too harshly. This is just for everyone's safety." As Ryuzaki got up he started exposing what was going to happen to Light. "You and I will be handcuffed 24/7. I'm not sure if your girlfriend will be okay with this but we needed to take it this far."

Light forgot he had a girlfriend. They weren't close at all. When Light was touring the college Misa spotted him and fell in love instantly. Misa was overly obsessed with Light as if they were destined soulmates. Misa asked Light on a date and it all started from there. He never really wanted to go out with Misa but people were staring at him and were waiting for an answer. Light was overwhelmed during the moment and blurted out yes.

There is a muffled ringing coming from the other side of the room. Light's phone was going off and he knew exactly who was calling him. It was his girlfriend, Misa.

Misa wasn't the brightest person out there. She was tremendously beautiful which made people praise her. She was a model and was very popular. She would always annoy Light and this was a turn off for Light. Light never felt any affection towards Misa but he would feel terrible if he told Misa his true feelings about her.

As Light walks across the room to grab his bag he feels a heavy tug. He had forgotten that he was now handcuffed to Ryuzaki.

"Ryuzaki let's go, I need to answer my phone."

Ryuzaki obediently followed Light across the room. Light answered the phone and heard a very loud voice. "Ohhh Liiiggghtttt. You finally picked up your phone. I've been calling for so long and you finally decided to pick up. Anyways I'm coming to you."

"Wait what? What do you mean you are coming over?" Light questioned Misa.

"You know, I'm going to *inserts headquarters address* so I can finally see you!" The annoying voice echoed in the room. Soichiro turned around and Ryuzaki's eyes were wide.

"What!? You can't let her come here. We have classified information about the Kira case here. How did she find out the location?" Soichiro loudly whispered but soft enough so Misa couldn't hear.

Light forgot that Misa insisted Light give her his location. He agreed and he totally forgot about it. Light was in a cold sweat. He turned around to see Ryuzaki staring him down.

"Misa, I have to go well see you soon." Light hung up. Ryuzaki and his father were staring at him. He obviously knew that they were pissed at him. He once again leaked classified information without meaning to. As Light was going to speak up he heard a knock on the entrance.

Light quickly dragged L with him and rushed to the door. It seemed that someone already answered the door, it was Matsuda. Matsuda has met Light before the Kira case. Matsuda knew Light as being the Chief's son.

As Matsuda answered the door Misa bowed to Matsuda and when she lifted her head she saw Light up ahead.

Misa, in shock, yelled, "Light, why are you handcuffed?!" She gently pushed Matsuda to the side of the door and ran to Light and a mysterious black haired guy. "What did they do to you? And why are you handcuffed to this guy?"

"It's a long story." Light responded with. L and Matsuda were both staring at the couple with a bit of jealousy. Matsuda fell instantly in love with Misa, he thought she was perfect but he couldn't possibly like her since she was in a relationship with the Chief's son. L thought that Misa was annoying and he saw that Light showed no affection towards Misa leaving him puzzled.

Matsuda kindly tapped her shoulder and as she turned around he offered to take her coat and offer tea. As Misa sat down at the brown coffee table with Light and the black haired boy she asked, "So what is this place?"

This chapter is really boring but I stayed up to write this.