Chapter 2

After the incident with Light and L they both headed up to the headquarters. The headquarters was the place where the Kira case was being held. When they arrived Light introduced the members of the NPA (National Police Agency) to L. Ide, Matsuda, Aizawa, Watari, and Light's father Soichiro. The members of the task force were very cautious of L since he was a bit odd. L's appearance didn't match the praise he was given. L dressed in baggy clothes and looked like he hadn't showered in days.

"Hey, is this really L?" Soichiro grumbled. He and the members were not in the mood for jokes. This case was serious. They thought Light was bluffing. They would have never thought L would have looked like this...

"Yes, in fact I am. My appearance doesn't match my intuitive thinking." L said, breaking the silence in the massive room with countless numbers of screens surrounding them. Everyone always underestimates L because of his age and his appearance. "Oh and while we are here, call me Ryuzaki."

Ryuzaki was L's former successor. Rue Ryuzaki was BB, or infamous for Beyond Birthday. Not to mention but they looked fairly similar. BB was obsessed with beating L. He was so obsessed with him that he started going crazy. Beyond Birthday started killing and trying to outsmart L, but it's over now. It's over because Beyond Birthday is dead. He was killed by Kira. Beyond Birthday died from a heart attack in his cell.

Ryuzaki was lost in his thoughts. He always wondered why BB was so obsessed with him. It never really made sense to him. Well, Ryuzaki isn't here for Beyond Birthday. He is here to solve the Kira case not for Beyond Birthday. The Kira case was a challenge. The ultimate challenge for L. Every Case he solved made him risk his life but this. This case was different. Kira attacked without actually attacking. He struck at any time he wanted whether it be day or night. It never mattered. All that matters now is that he has to catch Kira, even if it means risking his life.

"Ryuzaki, what would you like?" the old gray haired man had asked while strolling in a cart filled with sweets. This man is Watari. He is Ryuzaki's caretaker. He usually delivers snacks and sweets to L. "How about a lollipop?" The grayed hair man suggested.

Ryuzaki responded with a simple short, "sure." Light's attention turned to Ryuzaki, he still couldn't get the thought of Ryuzaki's pale slim body out of his mind. That image of Ryuzaki was engraved in Light's mind as if it had happened minutes before.. He also couldn't get over the fact that Ryuzaki ate so many sweets but was able to maintain his skin figure.

"Light, why do you always stare at me?"

"Oh um sorry-" the brown haired boy said with a tint of red on his cheeks. He turned away and went back to working on the case. Light forgot to look away from Ryuzaki again. This is starting to become a problem not just to Ryuzaki but Light as well.

Ryuzaki and Light had been working on the case with the rest of the task force for hours by now and they discovered a time pattern in the killings. Even though Kira attacked day and night, the majority of the killings were taken later in the day. This could be the work of a student since the killings were usually at the time when a student would arrive back home. Ryuzaki processed the information for a while and suspected Light.

Light was a new college student, but still, Ryuzaki had his suspicions. Maybe Kira has the power to transfer his power to other people for a period of time. Ryuzaki was puzzled for a long time and he still is. The Kira case has to be the most difficult case he has taken on, but that doesn't mean he can't solve it.

Who could possibly be Kira? As of now Ryuzaki suspects Light. Light's father, Soichiro, has the files of criminals' names in his home office. His office can be easily accessed by someone and especially someone as cleaver as Light. Ryuzaki supposed that Kira was killing the criminals off of their names.

What was Kira's secret? What is Kira using to take out these criminals? Ryuzaki has too many questions with no answers. No, not just Ryuzaki but everyone in the task force had questions with no answers. Light, Matsuda, and the rest of the members were confused. Was something supernatural the cause behind the killings? No one knows, they need to find Kira quickly before this gets even more out of hand.