Chapter 1

Yagami Light, a new college freshman and is walking to his new dorm . As he arrived to the front door he saw a raven haired boy with baggy blue jeans and a oversized white shirt sitting in a chair. Surprisingly he wasn't wearing any shoes or socks which left him barefoot. He sat in an odd position and was extremely pale .

"Hello? Mind if I ask why you're staring at me?" The raven haired boy questioned Light. Light was a bit flustered since he forgot that he was staring for so long.

"Ah, sorry. My name is Yagami Light, just call me Light."

"My name is Hedeki Ryuga, just call me L though." L said while munching on a piece of cake.

"Haha, like that pop star?" Light let out a chuckle.

"Oh let me ask you something, how old do I look?" L questioned after finishing his bite of cake. He ignored Light's comment on his name since L just got too tired answering questions about his name.

Was this a trick question for Light? He always had a problem over thinking such small questions. He sighed and took a quick glance at L. Light responded to L and said he looked 20 years old or maybe even younger.

"Nope, hmm no one seems to get my age right. I'm actually 25."

"25!? What? You don't look anywhere near 25 and what are you doing in college?" Light shouted out in surprise. "Oh sorry that was rude of me." Light was startled a bit because he will be sharing a dorm with a person who is 7 years older than him, that's almost a whole decade.

Light took a better look at L and examined him furthermore. L was calm. He was sitting on a chair, legs close to his chest, feet on the chair, and arms wrapped around his knees. He also had a slice of cake placed next to him. Light was a bit suspicious of L but he didn't ask anymore questions.

——time skip 5 hours——

Light unpacked everything and settled in their room. When Light was done unpacking he grabbed a change of clothes and headed to the bathroom connected to their dorm. He opened the door and saw L with his pale skin. His waist was thin and you can see his ribs through his back. Light's face felt hot. He felt a feeling he had never felt before. Was this the feeling of butterflies in his stomach? Not even his girlfriend made him this anxious.

L turned around and looked straight into Light's eyes. He asked Light to leave immediately. L was flustered, his pale skin had turned a bright red. L was shocked someone was staring at him when he was changing into his clothes. He almost had a heart attack.

As Light turned around and closed the bathroom door. He felt as if his heart was going to explode. He has never felt like this before. It was a completely new feeling. Light ran back into their room and immediately jumped into his bed screaming into his pillow. He felt so embarrassed even though he wasn't the one half undressed. A couple seconds after he got a phone call from his father.

What is Light thinking L thought. First he was staring at him when they first met but now he's staring at him getting dressed. L is a bit shocked but it wasn't anything new, he has changed in the boys locker room multiple times.

After L was done changing he exited the bathroom and he saw Light on his bed screaming into his pillow. Looks like Light forgot to close his door. L chuckled a bit but not loud enough for Light to hear him. It seems like Light's phone was ringing. Light picked up and started talking to his father. At first they were talking like father and son but both of their voices became serious after his father had mentioned the name Kira. L knew the name Kira since that name has been all over the news for quite a while. L eavesdropped for a bit and he heard information he wasn't supposed to hear. As L got closer to the door he accidentally tripped on his long jeans and bumped into the half opened door and Light was just staring at him.

"Dad, I- I have to go now." Light said a bit worried as he hung up. Light was screwed, he had just leaked classified information with a complete stranger. The door was open so of course L had heard his whole conversation with his dad.

"Look, you can't tell a soul what you just heard in the conversation about Kira." Light said, anxious. L was confused, was Light an undercover spy or something? "I work as a detective for the Kira case, it was my dad's idea and I took the offer. Now look, since you know quite a bit now you have to promise me you can't tell anyone or you can help us find Kira and take him down." Light explained to L. Light held his hand out and offered to help L get up.

"Well I do have experience in detective work. I mean after all I am one of the most talented detectives in Japan." L said while getting up.

"Oh really?" Light said sarcastically.

"Yes in fact I am, why do you think I asked you to call me L." L said while rolling up his jeans.

"Huh so you are the famous L, the one who worked on thousands of cases and never failed to solve any of them?"

"Yep, that is me." L said, trying not to show a smirk.