Stranger danger

Roman

Today Scarlet's sister Selena came over with her four girls. I could see Scar's eyes light up when Selena hands her Lacey, her youngest who just turned two. Lilly (9), Lauren (6), and Lia (4) all run to the kitchen where Scarlet has cookies she made for them. As Scarlet holds her niece and bounces her on her hip one of the twins starts to cry. "Oh! Is that one of the new little ones?" Selena asks.

"Yeah. Probably Jonah. He's the fussiest." Scarlet tells her.

"I'll go get him if you don't mind. I'd love to meet my new nephews." Selena offers. Scar smiles and nods. As Selena disappears up stairs I stand next to Scar as she gives Lacey dowy eyes.

"Speaking of nephews. Where's Parker?" I ask her.

"He's still sleeping. Here take Lacey and I'll go get him." Scar hands me Lacey and with one last kiss on her forehead, Scar disappears up the stairs leaving me with four girls. I turn and see all of them stuffing their faces with cookies.

"Hey!" I shout. They all freeze. "Save some cookies for everyone else." I watch Lilly grab another one and run off with her sisters right behind her. Shaking my head I set Lacey down on the couch and turned on some cartoons for her to watch. Selena comes down expertly holding both twins in her arms, Scarlet right behind her with Parker.

"Oh I wish I had a boy. They're so cute." She cooes. I laugh.

"You and Scar are very different." I tell her.

"I love my boys. And we've only tried for kids twice. We'll get a girl eventually." Scar tells me as she places Parker down on the couch next to Lacey. Selena laughs.

"Speaking of girls, where are my other three?" She asks.

"Outside chasing each other for the last cookie." I sigh. Selena shrugs and takes a seat at the table with the twins still in her arms.

"Look." Scar suddenly whispers, pointing at the couch where Lacey and Parker are now cuddling. Lacey's head is on Parker's lap and Parker has his arm around her.

"They must really like each other." I comment. "Parker only cuddles with you usually." Scar nods and smiles.

"Our little pup is opening up." She rejoices quietly.

"It is adorable." Selena agrees. We watch them fall asleep together and just as I go to turn off the tv the other three girls walk in screaming.

"What! What is it?!" Selena asks hurriedly.

"There's a m-amn outside. He tried to take me!" Lilly cries. I jump into alpha mode and bolt outside to the backyard. A few moments later both Selena and Scarlet come out, closing the door behind them to keep the pups inside. Together we shift into our wolf forms and race through the forest looking for anything to trace that there was a man here. We find nothing.

Back at the house Scar pases in the kitchen while Selena, Josh and I sit at the table.

"I won't allow Parker to go outside by himself anymore if there's even a chance someones out there." Scarlet tells me.

"He's three. Playing outside is part of him growing up to be the next alpha." I tell her.

"He can't be the next alpha if he gets taken!" Scarlet shouts at me. I watch her eyes water but she holds her tears back. "It's too dangerous for any of the kids to be out there right now Roman."

"So what do you want to do? Keep Parker trapped in the house until he's fifty? There's always going to be dangers outside. We live in a giant pack and the kids need to be free to be kids." I tell her. Josh nods in agreement.

"Your right," Scarlet answers. "That's why me and Selena are taking them to our mothers house until you find the guy who tried to take your niece." My jaw drops.

"That could be months!" I shout.

"Well then I guess you'd better get started." Scarlet replies bitterly. Her and Selena take all the kids and go up stairs.

"I know it's just her instincts to protect our pups but, this is a little too far." I grumble.

"I actually agree with her." Josh mumbles. I look at him shocked. "The twins have never met their grandparents and..." He trails off.

"And?" I growl. He winces but continues.

"And it might be a good idea for you to have some alone time. You and Scarlet have both been exhausted since the boys came. Maybe a little break will do you some good." I can see the hesitation in his eyes as he says this. Finally with a sigh I nod

"I guess you're right." I agree. "I just don't know what I'm going to do without my kids or mate."

"You'll be fine buddy. I have faith in you." Josh laughs. I roll my eyes and growl at him. Just because I agreed he was right doesn't mean I have to like it. 

The video above is a little awareness about stranger danger. Just in 2020 more then 800,000 kids went missing. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please like and Comment!! -Koda122