Stressed

Two months later

I thought having Parker was the easiest thing in the world. But as soon as we brought the twins home he started acting crazy. He wanted all the attention, all the time. But every time one of the boys cried I had to go settle them again. The twins were a lot more work than Parker ever was. Jonah hates being put down so I constantly have him in my arms and Jasper needs to be changed at least six times an hour. And the twins will only sleep if they're together. So since Jonah needs to be held all the time and they'll only sleep if they're together I'm usually holding two babies for at least four hours a day. Roman tries to help but with him being alpha and Maggie's trial coming up he's gone a lot. If Parker's not throwing a tantrum he's destroying something. Like the table. I don't know how he managed this but, somehow he broke the table, right down the middle. Roman was pissed but after going for a long run and talking to Parker they both came up with the agreement that Parker wouldn't break anything else. So of course Parker decides to draw on the walls. I don't know what has gotten into my baby but it's not him and I don't like it.

I walk into Romans office where he and Josh are talking quietly. When they see me they both go quiet. "What are you doing here? Where are the boys?" Roman asks.

"I needed a break so I had one of the omega she-wolves look after them." He starts to say something but I cut him off. "Don't worry I have a strong mind link going with her at all times." He nods, clearly reassured.

"Is Parker getting worse?" Josh asks. My eyes narrow at him.

"Parker is fine. He just isn't used to not being the center of attention." I growl, not liking that Josh asked such a question.

"Calm down mommy-wolf. Josh is just trying to make sure he's okay." Roman tells me. I grumble an apology and stroll over to Roman to sit on his lap. His arms go around me as I nuzzle into his neck instantly feeling all stress leave me. Josh and Roman continue their conversation as I slowly drift in and out.

The feeling of someone carrying me jolts me awake. Roman has carried me all the way home to our room and is now placing me in our bed. I go to get out but he pushes me down. "I need to check on the boys." I grumble trying one more time to get up but again he pushes me down.

"The boys are fine. I just checked on them and they're all sound asleep. Get some rest." Roman growls. I sigh and let myself sink into the mattress. Roman lays next to me and pulls me into his chest. Together we fall asleep until the twins start crying. With a laugh we both start getting out of our bed. Roman stops me.

"I'll get them. You need to rest." He tells me.

"But-" I start but he cuts me off with a dominant growl. I whine but stay where I am. Soon I hear both boys settled and Roman comes back into the room. The bed dips with his weight and his arms go around me like always. We cuddle for a while and I start to drift back to sleep when Roman puts his chin on my shoulder.

"How many pups do you want?" He asks. The question takes me off guard but I roll over and face him.

"Don't tell me you already want more. The twins are barely two months old." I laugh lightly. He stares at me expectantly. With an eye roll I sigh. "I've never really thought about it. It's in my genes to want an entire litter of pups but I think I'd be fine as long as I got a girl." Roman smiles and kisses my nose.

"I think I can handle that." With that I'm finally able to go to sleep. For an hour.