Birth

"I, Maggie Grace Marks, challenge Scarlet Norwood for the Luna roll." A shrill voice announces. Everyone, including me, paused and turned around shocked. Josh runs to my side.

"What do I do? I can't fight her while I'm pregnant!" I whisper/shout to him.

" You have no choice but to accept. As Luna it's your duty to show her you're the boss." He tells me.

"I thought everyone in the pack was happy with me being Luna." I feel defeated. The chances of me beating Maggie in a fight right now is slim to none.

"Most do but I guess she doesn't." He shrugs. With a sigh I turn and face Maggie.

"I, Scarlet Winter Norwood, accept your challenge." Maggie gives me a wicked smile as she stocks closer.

"Ready to lose your title, Luna." She growls.

"You'll never take me away from my family." I growl back and without a second thought shift into my Blue Merle wolf. She shifts too into a brown wolf and we go at it. She takes the first bite but I dodge and snip at her right leg. "You don't have to do this." I tell her through the pack mind link.

"What? Are you scared to lose?" She taunts snapping her jaws at me. I lunge and land on top of her. We roll down a hill and slam into a tree causing it to fall. Maggie recovers first and lunges at me pouncing right on my stomach. I let out a whimper for my pup. That only fuels her more and she lunges again only this time I dodge her and she lands on her face. When I stock around her, growling and snapping my jaws, she never moves. I shove her shoulder with my muzzle but she still doesn't move. Finally I flip her all the way over and find that she knocked herself out. I shift back into my human form and call for Josh. He runs to my side quickly.

"Yes Luna?" He asks.

"Take Maggie to the dungeon and chain her up. It's clear she's not safe to be around." I order. He nods and orders two omegas to take Maggie away. Just as they disappear with Maggie I get a sharp pain in my stomach, causing me to double over.

"Luna!" Josh exclaims.

"Call Roman. Somethings wrong."

I wake up in the pack hospital, a loud monitor beeping in my ear. "You're awake!" I hear Roman exclaim. I turn my head and see him sitting in a chair next to me holding two blue bundles. Tears pour from my eyes as I realize they're my pup's.

"W-what happened?" I ask frantically. Roman smiles and hands me both pups.

"The stress of the fight put you in early labor. The doctors had to put you to sleep because you half shifted. You thought they were trying to hurt our pups like Maggie." I look at the two little ones in my arms.

"But why are there two? I was only told we were having one." I tell him.

"This little one," Roman says pointing at the one in my left arm. "Was hiding so we couldn't see him. You can only imagine the shock on the doctor's face when he pulled one out and saw another." More tears start to pour out of my eyes.

"I c-can't believe I wasn't awake for their birth!" I cry. "I feel like I missed out on the most important moment in their lives!"

"Not every she-wolf would have been able to fight Maggie and win Scar. I know she's the reason you had to have a c-section but everyone in the pack is very impressed you were able to beat her." He tells me softly but with pride in his eyes.

"What are you going to do with Maggie?" I ask, wiping my tears away. His eyes darken.

"Well she's being charged with three counts of attempted murder on her Luna. Along with unjustified challenges. I'd say she's either going to stay in the dungeon to rot or she'll be sentenced to death in which case I'll kill her." Roman shrugs like he could care less about either one. Looking back down at my twin boys I smile as I realize something.

"We still don't have a name. And now we need two." I laugh lightly.

"I was thinking about that and I was thinking Jet and Jasper." He suggests. I give him a disgusted look.

"I am not naming my pup after a type of plane." I tell him. He laughs.

"Okay, what do you think then?"

"I love the name Jasper..." I trail off, thinking. " How about Jonah and Jasper?" Roman smiles.

"I love it. They're perfect." He tells me. Just as he's about to kiss me I pull away when I realize something else.

"Where's Parker?" I ask.

"With Josh and Bella." He assures me.

"I want to see him." I tell him quickly. "When am I allowed to leave?"

"As soon as I'm done with this examination." The doctor says as she walks in, pulling latex gloves on. Roman takes Jasper and Jonah out of my arms and sits across the room so doctor Lain has enough room. "Does this hurt?" She asks, applying pressure to my lower stomach. I shake my head no. "This?" She asks, moving her hand up. Again I shake my head. With a sigh she pulls her gloves off. "You're fine to go home, just take it easy. No shifting for at least three days and lots of rest." She orders. I nod and watch her leave before hopping off the bed and striping out of the hospital gown I was in.

"Not in front of the pups!" Roman teases. I roll my eyes and place and soft kisses on both my new pup's foreheads. Roman pouts when I don't give him one. With a giggle I race to the bathroom and lock myself in it. I pull on some sweats and one of Romans giant jackets so nothing is too tight on my stomach. Happy I still look decent. I unlock the door and go straight to my pups.

"Have they been fed yet?" I ask, grabbing Jasper from Roman.

"Not since yesterday. They've both been sleeping and they're not fans of formula." He tells me. I gasp.

"You gave my pups formula!" Roman knows I have a strong dislike for baby formula. I have no problem with people who use it but don't you dare try to give my pups any.

"It was an emergency and only happened once, Scar. I promise it won't happen again unless necessary." He assures me. I shoot him a look and pull the jacket up to reveal my chest so Jasper can nurse. He latches on with no problems and starts suckling greedily.

"They were hungry." I comment as I finish feeding Jonah and start buckling him in his car seat.

"They wanted their mother." Roman shrugs as he takes both car seats in his hands. When we get both boys in the car I sit in the back with them just to admire them. "Time to meet your family." I whisper to them. 

This chapter was kind of all over the place but what do you think of those names? I personally love them. Lett me in the comments!!- Koda122