04 - The Deal

A/N: So, that last chapter I wrote? Well, It wasn't as long as I thought... it turned out only to be one freaking page. LOL. However - in all seriousness - wanted it to be longer. SO this time I will write you an extra long chapter. Promise.

Also, this chapter is unedited, so forgive ANY and ALL errors.

***

My head hurt like crazy.

Maybe because that's were Sarah hit me. All I really know is that I am awake now, and I am still in the locker room. So...where was everyone?

I stood up slowly, my knees quickly buckled under me.

"Dang," I muttered and tried again - with much better luck. Then I heard laughter, and a group of girls walked in all sweaty and worn out.

"Gym today was fun, Jess," Sarah said, heading quickly over to her gym locker. "Sorry you had to miss it."

"You're the reason I missed it," I said. Sarah whirled on me, her water bottle in hand. I almost laughed at how red her face was; from both being flushed with anger and from running around in gym for the past hour.

"Okay, you wanna play the blame game?" She asks threateningly. "We'll play it. You're the reason Scott dumped me."

"Actually, I think maybe your looks are the reason he dumped you," I counter easily. Sarah walked right into that one.

Sarah's cheeks are now flaming red. Man, this girl just couldn't suck it up and take a hit.

"Shut up, Jess! You're just jelous 'cause you needed this whole makeover," She gestures to my hair, "To look pretty; I was born pretty."

That was it. The last straw, I wasn't going to sit here and take this! For a split second, I was ready to grab her scrawny little throat and just ring it.

Deep breaths, I told myself. Just take deep breathes...

Cooly and collected, I walk out of the locker room. At least I still have my dignety intact...

~~~

I move slowly out of the front exit of my school. Kids were gathered around talking while leaning across the hoods of their cars. My pony tail bounced behind me as I took step after step down the front stairs until Scott stepped right infront of me.

"Hey," He says.

"Hi."

Scott rubs the back of his neck nervously. Nervously? This is a class A player we're talking about here: Scott Evans. What does he have to be nervous about??

"Do you uh, want to..."

"Yes?" I say patiently, he was going to ask me out! This was step one in my revenge plan!

"...go out with..."

"Go on."

"...Jordan?"

If there had been romantic musoc playing in the backround, it would have stopped.

"Pardon?" This wasn't exactly what I had expected; Scott needed to clarify.

"Do you," He said each word loud and slow, as if I were stupid. "Want to," He paused again, letting his words "sink in" but again, I am not stupid. "Go out," He was at full on shout now. 'With Jordan?!"

I sigh. That was anit-climatic.

"Who is Jordan?" I ask.

"Jordan Tibbs," Scotts replies as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "My bro."

Jordan Tibbs, hmmm. Would this Jordan have asked me out prior to my makeover? No. So my answer? A simple 'no'.

"No."

"What? Please, Jess? For me?" Scott begs.

"Why on Earth would I to anything for you?"

"Please!"

"Go to Hell, Scott."

"Is it because of this morning?" He asks. I had begun to walk away, but now I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What do you mean, 'This morning'?" I ask, dreading the answer.

"You know, our kiss? How could you forget?"

I mentally slapped myself in the face. How could I forget? The day's drama must be the cause.

"Oh...no," I reply slowly. And awkwardly. Mostly awkwardly.

"Oh, come on," He says. "That is why you won't go out with him? You have a thing for me, right? I mean, why else would you have kissed me this morning?"

I almost burrst out laughing at the thought of actually having feelings for Scott Evans. How could you be stupid enough to fall for such a player. Whatever, I just rolled my eyes, sucked it up, and went along with it.

"Sure," I say, my tone dripped sarcasm - although, Scott didn't catch it.

"I knew it! Lets make a deal."

"Go on..."

"How about if you go on a date with Jordan; I'll go on a date with you. You know, if for some reason you don't fall completely head-over-heels for Jordan."

I take a deep sigh. To get revenge, you always had to make a few sacrafices.

"Deal," I say.

~~~

A/N: Okay, so I'm not really sure if this was 'super' long either. However, I did two uploads in two days so that should count for something. So far, who do you like?

COMMENT?

VOTE?

FAN?...OR 'FALLOW' NOW...:(

Fallow me on Twitter: dorkykongg

Until next time,

dorkykong xx