Chapter 6

Blasphemy- Bring me to the Horizon

"Hey Red! Your awake!" Evan smiled.

Oh jeez not him again, "Hi."

"I would take the gun away but, they hit me for letting you go last time."

His eye was swollen, it was almost closed. His face had black and blue marks all over, along with some cuts. I felt bad for him.

"Why are you still with them?" I asked.

"There is no one else to go with. You run out every time." He put his head down.

"Come with us." I smiled.

He put down the gun and smiled while, I hopped off the bench.

"Okay but, first here." He handed me my sunglasses.

"You have to tell me where the other people are." I put them on.

"Follow me."

He walked out the door and there was nobody. He slowly moved down the hallway with me close behind. I heard grunting and muffed screamed from the room down the hallway. I cringed at every sound.

"TELL US!" A woman's voice lingered.

I heard Evan gulp. He slowly aimed his gun at the door. I got out my knife ready to stab anyone. We walked closer to the door and it was professor white getting beat to death. the lady looked at me.

"GET HER! This ones mine." she smirked as two men pushed me down.

I grasped my knife tight and stabbed one of them in the eye. Blood gushed out every where. I went for the other guy, I stabbed him in the ear. I heard a big gun shot and I looked up. Evan had a blood splatter a crossed his face.

"I did it." he said.

I took the gun from him just in case. I ran over to check professor white and she was dead. Oh no, Tate is going to be destroyed so, is Jessie.

"Evan, where's Tate and Jessie?"

"The little girl and the guy is this way."

He went down the hallway and he opened one of the doors. Tate was huddled in a corner with Jessie behind him.

"Oh, thank goodness!" I breathed.

"Red!" Jessie ran up and hugged me.

"Hey!" I hugged back.

"We have to go now." Evan said.

We followed him out. When we were on the road we started to walk slower to save our energy.

"So, Evan." Tate looked at him.

"Yeah."

"Evan, are you going to be loyal?"

"Of course." he said.

"Did you see my mom?" Jessie asked tugging on my sleeve.

"No. I'm so sorry Jessie."

She looked up at me with tears streaming down her face. Tate picked her up and whispered in her ear, "We're going to be okay, like we always are."

***

"There's a mall up here. I know you guys need new clothes along with myself." Evan said smiling.

We walked pasted a sign that said welcome to Idaho.

"Ugh were only in Idaho." I slouched my shoulders.