Chapter 5

Well, I think I got my point across pretty well. The sun was setting. It shinned through the window and hit my face. It was so warm, I felt like it was going to be okay for a second. Until the voices in my head started to laugh at me. Nothing was ever going to be okay, I'm going to give up my pathetic life for everyone else's. Hey, maybe i'll be in a book when everything goes back to normal, you know, when the dead wasn't running around eating people.

"Red, are we going to sleep here tonight?" The girl asked.

"Yes." I smiled.

No we shouldn't stay here but it's almost dark and I'm not familiar with this part of the state.

"Hey, I didn't get your name." I Kneeled to the same height of the girl.

"Jessie." She smiled, "Can we go upstairs?"

"May we?" I looked at Tate.

"Sure." he smiled.

I grabbed her hand and we ran upstairs. We went in the door on the right, it was a little girls room. A horrible feeling ran over me. The walls were a light pink with red splatters. There was a bed up against the blood splattered wall. Jessie ran over to the rose gold vanity, she didn't even notice the blood.

"Can you do my hair?" She smiled in the dirty mirror.

"I would be honored", I smiled.

The vanity was filled with hair stuff and makeup, I picked up the hair brush and started to brush her golden curly hair. I don't know that many hair styles. I put her hair into a ponytail and then I twirled it and it made a bun.

"Thank you!" Jessie giggled.

"Your welcome."

I heard heavy foot steps coming closer. I got my knife ready to kill anything that came through the door. It was Tate, I took a breath of relief.

"Am I interrupting?" He asked.

He leaned up against the door frame and had his arms crossed.

"No." I put my knife away.

"Look!" Jessie said.

She opened a closet door and there was tons of clothes, they looked about her size.

"Looks like your gonna get a new outfit." I smiled.

"That's not a good idea." Tate said.

"Why not? It doesn't belong to anybody anymore."

"It's just... I'll be outside." I stood up straight and closed the door behind him.

"Alright, which outfit do you like." I asked her.

"This one." she grabbed a pink dress.

"How about we stay away from dresses."

"Why?"

"They're really hard to run in. believe me, I know."

"Okay."

The memory of Nat popped into my head when I was stuck in that dress, that sucked.

She picked out a baby pink, long sleeve shirt and heavy blue jeans. I helped her put them on, I opened the door and Tate picked her up.

"You looks so pretty!" He laughed.

"Thanks." he put her down.

She ran down stairs to her mom.

"Come on." I grabbed his hand, "I think I saw a balcony in here."