Ranboo?

Tubbo can now say, with complete confidence, that meetings are boring as fuck.

He tried his best to stay awake, he really did! But the speaker just kept droning on and on about sidewalk cracks and small inconveniences of everyday life that Tubbo had never bothered with before.

Seriously, who gets upset about a fucking weed poking out of the sidewalk? Only these rich fucks apparently.

Wilbur seemed pretty bored of it as well, at one point, he started doodling in his folder, starting up a game of tic-tac-toe with Tubbo. Which resulted in Wilbur trying to cheat and both of them giggling like school children while they tried to remain quiet.

Tubbo found that he really liked Wilbur. The man was very friendly towards him, and spoke to him as though he was an equal and not just some lowly assistant.

"Alright everyone, we'll have an hour lunch break, then we'll get back into it!" The speaker excused everyone lightly, a soft chuckle held in their breath, "I'd still like to go over citizen priority after this small intermission!"

The room was a bustle of movement at that, sighs of relief being exhaled as people sped towards the exit.

Tubbo went to stand, but a kind hand on his arm stopped him, Wilbur sending him a smile as he kept him sitting.

Only once the room was more empty did Wilbur finally move from his seat, motioning for Tubbo to do the same.

"Sorry about that, I just hate trying to push through the crowd." Wilbur explained as they made their way for the elevators, "people get especially pissy when it comes to mealtimes."

Tubbo's phone buzzing quietly drew his attention from Wilbur, he couldn't very well look at it now in the middle of working, he was sure that there was some sort of rule on that.

"Are you gonna answer that?" Wilbur asked as they reached the elevator doors, his eyebrow quirked in amusement.

Tubbo startled, "am- am I allowed to?"

Wilbur smiled, ringing up the elevator, "of course! As long as you get your work done, you're allowed to be on your phone."

Tubbo smiled gratefully at Wilbur and pulled out his phone. One glance at the screen reading 'Ranboo' made his anxiety spike. "Alright then," Tubbo took a few steps away from Wilbur, indicating that he was not about to make this call public and tried to keep the wobble out of his tone. "I think I'm going to hang back. I'll meet you back in the meeting room?"

Wilbur nodded, "Sounds good Tubbo, I'll meet you here in one hour."

The elevator doors dinged quietly, Wilbur scanning his ID with practiced ease before he stepped inside, sending a small wave Tubbo's way as the elevator doors shut, leaving Tubbo alone in the hallway.

Tubbo took a deep breath, and quickly answered his phone, bringing it up to his ear as he paced, "Ranboo? Are you okay?"

There was silence on the other end for a long, terrifying, moment. Before a deep, ragged, breath filtered through the speaker.

"Ranboo?! Where are you? I'm coming to get you." Tubbo panicked, his finger fumbling for the elevator calling button.

Finally, Ranboo's voice trickled through the line, "Tubbo...?"

His voice was weak, and scratchy at best, but it still made Tubbo sigh in relief. He was alive.

The elevator dinged in its arrival, Tubbo scanning his card and stepping inside, going for the lobby.

"Where are you Boo?"

"I-" the line crackled loudly, "I dunno... 's dark... smells bad too"

Tubbo choked down the sob of panic that was starting to build in his throat.