Chapter Seven

He tightened his grip on my hand.

"You have a brother?" His voice was deadly calm. "Why did you never tell me this before?"

"Had, Chase. I had a brother. I don't tell people about him, nothing good ever comes out of it. I didn't think you needed to know about him." I shrugged, acting as if it wasn't a big deal. It was, though. I hated confessing and mushy feelings. I couldn't stand them. They made me feel uncomfortable and awkward. Well, more awkward than usual.

"Not important? I thought we told each other everything." He dropped my hand.

I suddenly became furious with him. He doesn't tell me everything! I kept Adrian a secret for a reason! Since when do I have to open up to him when he won't do the same?

"Because we totally tell each other everything," I said, sarcasm dripping from my words. "I don't remember you telling me a damn thing about Kate! No, I just had the pleasure of watching my two best friends sucking face in the middle of my party!" I exploded.

Flashback

The music was pounding through the hallways, seeping into my subconsciousness. I took a swig of beer from my cup. The alcohol burned on the way down. I stumbled into a spare bedroom, spilling some of by beer onto my black dress. I giggled as I saw Chase across the room.

He looked really good all of a sudden. Really good. His black shirt was clinging to his muscles, emphasizing all of his movements. His jeans were slung low on his hips. I started to approach him.

"Cha—" My words died in my throat. I stood there like an idiot as I watched my two best friends play tonsil hockey with each other. At. My. Party. I felt as if someone had dumped a bucket of cold water on me, as reality slapped me in the face. Their hands started to explore each other and that's when I left. My heart clenched as I fled the room.

End Flashback

He sat there with his mouth slightly agape. "I- what, you…" he stuttered. He swallowed making his Adam's apple bob up and down nervously. "You saw that?"

I snorted, "Oh I saw it alright. Anybody would have to be deaf in order not to hear it either." Maybe I was a little out of line there. I hadn't actually seen them do…it… For all I knew they were both still virgins.

His face paled, "Were we really that loud? I was too wasted to remember." So maybe I wasn't wrong. I clenched my hands into fists, my blood started to boil. I was attacked by feelings all of a sudden. I gasped in pain as I clutched at my chest.

"I can't believe that you two did that. And on the night of my party? On my birthday? Do you have any idea how much that hurt? Looking for you and walking into a room where all of your dreams are crushed?" I hissed. My body started trembling. I dug into my bag frantically and pulled out a silver flask. I took a swig and licked my lips.

Ahh, O negative.

Whenever I get stressed my body goes through my blood source quicker than usual, causing me to need to carry spare blood with me at all times. It's like being anemic, but instead of iron pills it's blood.

"What are getting so worked up about? It's not like we were dating…" His eyes flickered with realization. "Oh. But you… Oh. Shit! I'm so sorry Alex, I was drunk. I swear I don't like Kate, we were both drunk and… it was just apart of some stupid plan...." he trailed off.

"What plan?" I asked.

"It's nothing," he couldn’t hold my gaze, he was lying. I was curious, but I didn't want to pry. My fingers twitched and I had to force myself to not ask him more about the "plan".