Chapter Six

~A/N:

On the side is a picture of what I was envisioning Chase to look like. It's not exact, but I think it's pretty close. Feel free to keep picturing him the way you wanted to! :) 

I was running, I tripped over a tree root, tangling my nightgown in the bushes. "Come on, get up Alex!" I thought to myself. Suddenly a hand came down on my shoulder, forcefully turning me around.

"I told you, you can't run forever," Adrian said, "Sooner or later you will give yourself to me, completely. I prefer it to be the former."

I stood there motionless, unable to do anything. My brain kept screaming for me to run, but my legs wouldn't respond.

"He moved his hands farther down my back, until his claws were resting on my lower back. He reached down farther and—

Someone screamed. I bolted up, untangling my legs from the comforter.

"Chase?" I whispered.

I looked over to the figure next to me, Chase was lying in bed, his face contorted with fear. He was breathing heavily.

"Chase?" I whispered again more urgently. He stirred slightly before opening his eyes. I stared into those golden, sea green eyes not wanting to look away. He blinked sleepily.

"Alex? What's wrong?"

"Shhh, you were having a nightmare. I heard you scream in your sleep and was worried."

I lay down next to him, his arms immediately encircled my waist.

"What was it about?" I murmured. Seeing the look on his face I quickly added, "You don't have to talk about it if you don’t want to, though Chase."

"No, you're right. It would help. It was about… about the day I found you. I was seeing it from a witness's point of view." He swallowed nervously, making his Adams apple bob up and down. "You were running in a forest, and you tripped over a tree root. Someone planted a claw on your shoulder dragging you around. He was…he was doing really awful things to you, Alex. I wanted to kill him for it." He seethed. "He was about to… about to rape you Alex. I woke up before I could see it all, but I knew from the moment he laid a claw on you that his intentions were awful."

"Oh my God…" I breathed.

"I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry I woke you up." He laid back down and curled up on his side.

"Chase, how did you know what happened to me?" He bolted straight up.

"He. Raped. You?" He seethed. He twist his hands around in the sheets, slowly balling his hands into fists.

I bowed my head in shame.

"I should have fought back more, he was to smart for me."

"This is not your fault Alex. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. This… bastard is just trying to get inside your head. Don't let him win." He engulfed me in a hug; my head was resting against his pale chest. I could feel his heart pounding and he gripped me even tighter.

Chase's phone rang. He reluctantly pulled away from me and answered his phone.

"Hello?" He said with a tight voice.

"Oh, hey Ray. Yeah I got as much of the project done I could."

It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about. And then it hit me— school. Had anyone noticed my absence?

Running my hands over my face I went to the bathroom to take a hot shower. I let the hot water roll off my skin as I contemplated telling Chase about Adrian. I hadn’t told anyone about Adrian before, the only people who knew he existed were my parents and his friend, Kyle. When we moved out of Chicago after Adrian went missing, his friend committed suicide by hanging himself.