Remember

Remember, I will still be here

As long as you hold me, in your memory

Remember, when your dreams have ended

Time can be transcended

Just remember me

I am the one star that keeps burning, so brightly,

It is the last light, to fade into the rising sun

I'm with you

Whenever you tell, my story

For I am all I've done

Remember, I will still be here

As long as you hold me, in your memory

Remember me

I am the one voice in the cold wind, that whispers

And if you listen, you'll hear me call across the sky

As long as I still can reach out, and touch you

Then I will never die

Remember, I'll never leave you

If you will only

Remember me

Remember me...Remember, I will still be here

As long as you hold meIn your memory

Remember, when your dreams have ended

Time can be transcendedI live forever

Remember me

Remember me

Remember... me...

                                    -Josh Groban 'Remember'

***

Elijah lay on the bed Klaus had placed him on, sweat dripping down his forehead as he would occasionally twitch and try to fight whatever fever dream it was he found himself trapped in.

His brother stood over him, watching, wondering what it was he dreamt. "I know you are locked in battle." He said to his the unconscious Elijah. "However deep inside your mind our mother has set the stage, hear my voice. Our mother thinks she will win because she has left you alone. You are not alone." Klaus said with determination and surety. "Let me in." Klaus placed his hand over Elijah's forehead, trying to get inside his mind and ease his brother's suffering. "Let me help end whatever torment our mother has forced upon you." Klaus concentrated and tried to force his way into Elijah's mind using his vampire abilities, but he couldn't brake through. The walls his mother had built were too strong... as were the ones Elijah put up himself.

"What are you doing?" Hayley asked.

"I'm trying to enter Elijah's thoughts." Klaus stated with a sigh as he stood up straight again to look at the girl. "To wake him, but Esther has locked me out."

"What is he dreaming about?" Hayley asked curiously as she looked at the once perceived invincible original vampire now lying, pale and clearly haunted, in a bed. 

"Knowing my mother, nothing good. Perhaps it's better we don't know." Klaus replied, but his hand went to his pocket where he had put the pendant. For Elijah's sake he hoped that this was not what he was dreaming about, but he knew better than that. Hayley walked over to him and pulled back Elijah's shirt collar revealing a kind of rash.