!!!WARNING!!!

THERE WILL BE GROOSEM IMAGERY. Mainly in one particular paragraph towards the end BUT i will warn you just before it happens and you can skip that part and it will still make sense. It's not long and I didn't go into to much description, but I still felt like I needed to warn you just in case.

Vikings weren't the nicest people in some of their customs and obviously if you watch The Originals you would know there is a bit of blood and gore in that to, but this is closer to Vikings the TV show blood and gore...

A happy ending is NOT guaranteed!

This is a short story based on Elijah Mikaelson and inspired by the episode "Red Door" from season 2 of "The Originals." It will flick between the present and flashbacks/what Elijah is dreaming of. The flashbacks are written in italics and you will see *** indicating the change between flashbacks and the present. I have thrown my own characters into the mix and they're Vikings. All of my information for this short story was done through the TV show "Vikings," so that is where I've gotten my facts and knowledge of their way of life as that show is quite accurate (dramatised, yes, but decent and also partial for my inspiration).

Their are song quotes at the beginning of each part and a whole song at the beginning of part three.  No book is complete without a good quote somewhere, I don't think.