5. The New School

A/N:

This should be the last update for nine days! I'm sorry! Camp is starting tomorrow and I'm trying to finish writing this tonight. Go me go!

Anyways, continue with the story~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine's POV:

'Beep beep beep beep'

"Ugh" I groaned. My hand blindly slapping at the bedside table until my hand came in contact with the alarm clock. I slowly dozed back to sleep, with a promise to myself that I will get up in five minutes.

"Oh Cat! You are late! Time to get up! You have twenty minutes left!" A voice broke into sleeping state. I bolted up upright, shocked.

"What time is it?" I asked. 

"It's 8:30! If you don't hurry you'll be late on your first day!" I ran to the bathroom like my butt was on fire as soon as aunt Tilly said the time. I was meant to take a freaking snooze not a bloody hibernation. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and quickly ran my hands through my hair. I was done in five minutes. Not the best first impression I'm going to give to the students at the new school, but this will have to do. Luckily, I don't like wearing makeup, so one less thing for me to worry about. I pulled on the school uniform, which consists of a summer dress with green, yellow, and blue thin stripes to make up squares on it. It reaches at the middle of my thighs.

I ran downstairs, grabbed an apple, made myself a protein shake, and we headed out the door. I sat in her car, and she pulled out of the drive way. The drive to school wasn't long, roughly five minutes. I could make it in twenty by foot, if  I got up earlier. We pulled up to a small school. In front of the entrance, there was a sign that reads 'Boronia High' There were students littered around the parking lot, chatting amongst their groups. From here I can already see the popular kids, and the other students that just mingles around. 

One of the girls were chewing her gum obnoxiously, while twirling her obviously DIY bleached blonde hair. She was wearing a school dres- actually, a top is to be exact. But she was not the only one. Most of the people in her group are too. I sighed. This year cannot go by slower. The car slowly rolled to a stop. My auntie turned to look at me.

"Well this is it Cat. Have fun and good luck. I will pick you up today after school, or would you like to walk home so you can familiarise yourself with the area?" 

"I would like to walk home today. But can you please send me the way to go back home and the address too?" I asked, pulling my bag straps on my shoulders.

"Sure darling. I will text them to you. Have a good day Cat!" I grinned back at aunt Tilly as I stepped out of the car. As soon as my feet touched the ground, I can feel all of the stares from the students bore into my back. Some were hostile, some were just curious. I wanted to be swallowed whole by the earth, but I held my ground, and kept walking. My head was lowered as I walked into the school buildings. I lifted my head to try and spot a clue that can lead me to the front office. This school isn't very big, but it has three levels. The construction is very modern, and I felt like it was an apartment building if not for all of the students standing around their lockers.

At last, I found the reception. The automatic doors opened for me as I stepped towards it. A pretty women sitting at the front desk looked up. She had short blonde hair, and a friendly smile. I smiled timidly back at her as I walked closer to the desk.

"How may I help you today?" She asked cheerfully.

"Hi, I'm a new student. Catherine Fall." I pulled at my sleeves. This was a bad habit of mine whenever I get nervous.