[̲̅0]- prologue

𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜?

𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘹 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘚𝘦𝘦 𝘔𝘦

(Setting: Hogwarts. Year: 2008)

It's my last year at Hogwarts. Thank Merlin. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Betty Nolan and I am a Halfblood. I was born in 1991, my sister was born five years before me, so she got to see Voldemort before. Honestly, she's lucky she got brain damage after the war, so she doesn't remember a lot.

I went to Headmistress McGonagall's office. I'm going to miss pranking her all the time, but it's okay. I knocked on her door, and she lets me enter. "You've grown up a lot, haven't you?" I nod slowly, what am I supposed to answer when someone asks me that? I hug her, and she hugs me back, and then I tell her that I'm going to miss everyone.

"Alright, alright. You're going to choke me." I let go and leave her office, McGonagall's wand in hand. How can someone so smart be so dumb? I run to my next class, Charms. She will find out sooner or later, so whatever.

I finally made it to class, and see some people staring at me. "You were almost late, where were you?" My best friend, Jared asks me. I show him McGonagall's wand and he snickers. "You know she'll find out sooner or later."
"I know that, stupid."

He sighs and turns away from me. I secretly put McGonagall's wand and mine in Jared's pocket. He deserves it after he started dating my crush. Oh, how Jared doesn't know what's coming after him...

When class ended, Me and Jared walked out to see that McGonagall and some other professors are looking for her wand, perfect timing. I walk up to her and tell her that Jared stole her wand. "What?" McGonagall goes to him and plucks out her wand, and also, mine.
"Headmistress, I swear I didn't steal these! I've been framed!" McGonagall sighs heavily as she drags Jared away, and as I see his eyes glare at me deeply, I grin and wave goodbye...

Goodbye to a friendship that once was....