Part 2

NEW's POV

When I woke up the next morning, my stomach was violently churning, and I dashed out of bed as quickly as possible to avoid an accident. As I rushed to our ensuite bathroom and knelt in front of the toilet, a low groan escaped my throat. As I began emptying my stomach in the porcelain bowl, intense waves of nausea flooded over me. It's times like these when I'm thankful my husband was deaf.

I can hear the horrible noises I'm making, and I'm glad they won't be what Tay hears when he wakes up. I sighed as I rested against the cool material of the bathtub, staying on my knees till my stomach slightly settled. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my breathing, hoping that my nausea would pass.

"Hin?"

I opened my eyes again a few minutes later after hearing my husband's voice, and I gave him a faint smile.

"Good morning," I said from my limp position on the bathroom floor.

I wished I had the strength to stand up and rub out the wrinkles that had formed between Tay's brows as he headed to the sink to run a washcloth under cold water. I exhaled contentedly once he stroked the cool towel over my face before pushing it firmly against the back of my neck.

Tay pouted and ran his fingers through my dripping wet hair. "You okay, love?"

"You shouldn't be here,"  I said, leaning into Tay's touch despite the words he was signing. "I don't want you to catch whatever I've got."

I leaned into Tay's broad chest as he shook his head and frowned again, leaning even closer. When he gently pulled me away, a smile creeps across my face. I can't help myself; even when I'm not feeling well, I'm constantly overprotective of Tay.

"I'm serious," I said, trying to project an intimidating look despite the flush on my cheeks and the beads of sweat forming on my forehead. "I don't want you getting sick."

With that, I pushed myself to my feet, grabbing the edge of the counter to keep myself stable. Tay got up right after me, grabbing my hips as I swayed from dizziness. I took a deep breath while closing my eyes.

"Will you please go back to bed, babe?" Tay said from behind me, his voice gravelly and worried as he maintained his grip on me.

I nodded slowly and began walking back to our bedroom. I could feel Tay's stare on me as he walked to the bed and sat gently on the edge.

"I'll go make you some ginger tea, it'll help settle your stomach," he says as he kneels in front of me. 

I let out a deep sigh and made myself comfy in bed, burying my face in Tay's pillow, allowing the familiar and soothing smell to relieve my anxiety as he kissed my hot forehead before leaving the room. This was not how I had planned to spend my weekend, and I took a few moments to wallow in self-pity before Tay returned.

"Slow sips, baby," Tay said as he returned and handed me the warm mug. My stomach was already grumbling from the smell of hot ginger, so I smiled gratefully at my husband.

"I feel like shit,"  I said as Tay pressed his cool lips to my forehead.

"I know. I'm sorry, Hin," said Tay.

He sat next to me in bed with a frown on his face, allowing me to rest my aching head on his shoulder. He reached up and ran his fingers through my disheveled hair, tenderly scratching my scalp in the way he knew I liked until I fell asleep again.

~*~*~*~

It's a Thursday evening, and I'm nervously sitting on the edge of our bathtub. Tay was still at the restaurant tonight since he was working the dinner service, and I only had one important thing to do for the rest of the evening.