1

Woke up quite early in the morning; 5:31am to be exact. SHIT!!! "it's download day!" I screamed running down the stairs, making sure everybody in the house could hear me.
"Shut the fuck up Alexa! Do you have any idea what time it is" Said my sister, Shannon, grumpily as she came out of her room, almost like she just woke up... I wonder why...
"But you don't understand! It's download day! I'm going to download festival today!" I said as I ran back upstairs and started shaking her really violently by her shoulders.
"Alright, alirght! Calm down! I don't care about that shit, just let me sleep, and you should too, it's waaay too early." She said as she disappeared behind her door.
"Somebody was fucking late into the night." I said loudly enough so she could hear.
"Whatever" she replied
I walked downstairs again in my T-shirt and underwear and took a low-fat yoghurt out of the fridge.
"What was that noise?" Said mum coming into the kitchen.
"Your elder daughter was grumpy 'cause I didn't let her sleep after her nightly fuck session" I grinned at my yoghurt.
"Language, Alexa!"
"Sorry" I said quickly.
"Just because you're 16 it doesn't give you the right to speak in front of your parents like that"
"OK, it won't happen again" I said
"Good, now what the hell made you get up so goddamn early?"
"Language mum!" I laughed
"I'm your mother, I'm allowed" she said dismissingly
"Sure" I nodded
"I don't know why I'm up, I'm just so excited that I don't feel like I can sleep anymore" I answered her previous question.
"And I was worried you're gonna oversleep..." She sighed
"Oh come on mum, I wouldn't miss download for the world!"
"I just hope your GCSEs are good so you can go to your choice of sixth form"
"The worry should be over, I finished my exams, there's nothing more to be done tham to wait for the results and go to download!" I said as I hugged her.
"Love you mum" I whispered
"Love you too honey"

***

"Have fun baby!" He said as he hugged me and said goodbye.
"Dad! I'm not a baby!" I protested.
"You are to me, and you alway will be" he said as he let go of me.
"Goodbye everyone" I said as I waved goodbye to my family. I was officially off to download!

As I arrived at the train station I felt like I had to take a selfie. I posted it on Facebook with the caption "At King's cross, getting ready to rock!"
Soon my pocket vibrated. I got a comment; "where the fuck are you? My parents bought me a ticket the last minute, I going with you" OMG! Bailey is coming! Fucking cool. Now I won't have to rock by myself! I thought. BTW, Bailey is my best friend in case you were wondering, we were rocking Led Zeppelin together since nursery!

"Boo!" Came a noise from behind.
"Shit Bay, you nearly scared the crap out of me" I said panting like a little dog.
"Shut up and give me a hug! I haven't seen in almost 48 hours!" She said.
I did as I was told and then dragged her to our carriage. We hopped on our seats and started laughing. "Looking good girl" she said.
"I see you tried to pull off everything at once; Mötley Crüe tank top with a Black Veil Brides bandana, oh and not to mention your awesome pink tiger printed spandex!"
"Well, nothing on me might match... But who cares! I'm going to the best thing that ever happened to this planet and I'm going to go in my favourite clothes" I laughed then suddenly looked up.
"You know what, you don't look so bad yourself, miss Def Leppard tee with a leather jacket who'se rocking black skinny jeans" I finished
"You know what, you're right, I don't care how I look, as long as I like it!" She burst out too.

We spent most of the journey boyfriend hunting in Kerrang! magazine and listening to 80s rock really loudly since we were the only people in the cabin... It was a really old school train... Probably still powered by steam. After we finished that, Bailey suddenly put a coke bottle on the mini table in the cabin.
"Truth or dare. Since there are only two of us, if it lands on me it's truth, if it lands on you it's a dare. You go first!" She said.
I spun the bottle. It landed on me of course.
"Tell me something you've never told me before" I said
"OK. Um... Let's see... Well... I've always envied your thigh gap." She confessed.
"Aww honey, that's so nice of you. Now your turn" I said.
It landed on me again.
"Let's see... A dare... Hmm..."
"Oh crap, we need to get off soon, we should get ready" I said suddenly realising where we were.
"Ok, but you still owe me a dare!"
"Fine!" I said as I tried to get our bags down from the over head compartments

I looked up at the steaming skies of Derby as I got off the train. I took a deep breath and I could swear I could almost smell the rock stars.