Rescue

----------------CHRIS -----------------------

We had men running rounds all through out the night.

By 1 , I was exhausted.

I went up to bed but my mind wouldn't let me sleep.

I was so close, so close to possibly finding out Sam's secret!

But no, no matter if it hurt me to say this. My pack came first, as soon to be Alpha it was my duty to protect them.

I lay in bed looking up at my blank ceiling.

If that smell hadn't come from the rouges then where it come from?

Why had it been so strong , close to Sam's house?

If what I was thinking was true, then Sam would hate me.

I knew Sam wasn't a wolf yet, and she didn't know about the wolf world.

Or maybe that my pack didn't exist?

'Don, we have a problem' I mind linked groaning in frustration.

'Cant sleep either, huh? " He replied instantly 'Ill be over'

A few seconds later he opened my door, and sat down on my couch. I sat up in bed and waited for him to speak.

"The parents" He said first.

I looked at him, frowning.

"I've thought about that, but why would they hide here? Especially when the Pack lives so close by?"

"They were able to keep off our radar, as long as Sam's been alive. We wouldn't have known other wise"

I shook my head, not pleased with the answer.

"Why wouldnt they just come to my Father and his Council , and ask to be in the pack? It doesn't make sense. And why would they hide Sam from the wolf world?"

Don ran a hand through his brown hair, missing it up. He was exasperated too.

He looked me straight in the eyes, and I could see what he was thinking.

"Maybe their in hiding, they broke a Pack law and had to run?"

"That's a possibility " I nodded, but something else picked at me "Did you ever notice any marks on Sam? On her arms or face?"

I remember the day I had almost shifted in class seeing her busted lip.

It had killed me to think someone had hurt her.

But I had started to see them less and less.

Someone was abusing my Mate and I had no doubt it was her parents.

"Now that you mention it, I have. Those days she would miss school. It's because she was recovering. What if it's her parents? They would be able to smell the wolf on her, and if that was the case, that means they would have no choice but to run again or prohibit her from seeing you again."

The thought of my Mate being taken from me had me growling.

I had to do something about it!

I had to help Sam, she didn't deserve this.

She was my Sam.

And she was beautiful, smart,and funny.