Chapter 4: Trouble

Sam:

I slowly made my way to the first seat.

  I could feel the eyes of everyone on me as I sat down next to Chris Wayne.

  I wonder if he remembered me from the hallway?

"Now class I would like you to ask your partner a few questions to get to know them , sine you will be partners all year. In 20 minutes we will begin introductions." Mrs. Spencer said before sitting down.

I sat quietly as people started talking around us.

  Chris cleared his throat loudly and turned to me.

I tried not to let him see me checking him out, but I couldn't help the blush that covered my face.

  I wasn't used to being around guys much.

My last chemistry partner was a shy girl who didn't talk much.

And now here I was stuck sitting with the most popular boy in school. Not to mention the best looking guy too.

"Hi, I'm Chris Wayne..."

"I think we can skip the interview " I surprised myself by interrupting, probably to hide my embarassment "I know who you are, everyone does."

  I could see the surprise on his face as his blue eyes widened.

"Is that so, so who am I exactly? " He asked grinning.

  I frowned at his smiling face, I wasn't trying to be funny.

"You're the soccer mvp, who uses that title too get all the girls. You also use your good looks, but that's not the point. You probably spent your summer going to party's and having sex with as many girls as you could." I said matter factly.

   His eyebrow raised devilishly.

"Not exactly, but still good. Want to know what I think of you Samantha? "

"Sam, and not particularly but go ahead." I said sarcasticly.

  Jeez what was getting into me? I had never been so outspoken!

He crossed his arms, his arm biceps bulging.

I mentally shook my head as I looked away from his muscles before I embarrassed myself even more.
"I think you're a really beautiful girl, but you don't flaunt it. You're shy, but I unnerve you and you feel defensive. You most likely spent your summer holed up in your room reading books or completing dual enrollment."

I tried not to let my shock show, I was shocked at how close to reality he came.

  We stared at each other his blue eyes looking into my grey ones.

  I noticed all the details in his face.

He had a dimple in his cheek, and a slight stubble covering his jaw.

His jaw was strong and firm, his lips looked full and petal soft. I suddenly had the urge to....

I looked away quickly, what was I thinking?

  "Let's begin with Chris and Sam, who would like to go first?"

"I will" Chris spoke up.

Oh! Uh! what was he going to say?

--------------Chris----------

I don't know why, but something got into me.

  It bothered me the way she saw me, and I had to change that.

I also saw the shock on her face as I told her what I thought, which means I was right.

I stood up and looked at the class and cleared my throat.

  "This is Sam Wolfe, she likes to spend her time studying and reading. This summer she completed a dual enrollment class and did very little partying." then added "She doesn't want to admit it, but she has a secret crush on me."

I heard an angered gasp and I winked down at her.

  "Very...interesting" Mrs. Spencer muttered a look of disapproval on her face. "Mrs.Wolfe?"

I watched as she stood up confidently.

Something I've never seen in her until now.

  "This is Chris Wayne. He likes to spend his time using his popular status to get away with thing's and make us less popular feel horrible. This summer he went partying and went through many, many girlfriends" She looked down at me and smirked "He doesnt want to admit it, but he wants to stop dating dumb blondes and start dating smart girls. "

Laughter erupted throughout the class and I heard a sharp inhale behind me, and knew Chelsea thought Sam was talking about her.

  Which I don't know if she was.

"Chris, Sam meet me after class!" Mrs.Spencer gave us a warning look before continuing.

  I saw Sam retreat back into herself as she slouched in her chair her hair covering her face.

Oh great, so much for getting her to open!

------------Sam-----------------

After class we went to Mrs.Spencers desk.

  "Those introduction were really disrespectful and crude. I don't allow that in my classroom, so decide detention or lunch duty?"

I knew what I had to pick, I couldn't afford another detention.

  I reached for the pink slip as Chris reached for the blue.

I politely said good bye and got out of the classroom as fast as I could.

A few moments later I heard Chris following behind.

  "Sam hold up!"

"What do you want ?" I exclaimed angry "This is the second time you've gotten me in trouble! Anything else you want?"

He flinched a frown marring his handsome face.
"Im sorry for that, I didn't mean to get you in trouble."

  "Look" I sighed "I think it's best if you try to stay out of my way from now on."

With that said I turned and walked out of the school.

I'm glad I said that, I didn't need anymore problems in my screwed up life!