#4: Discoveries and Relevations

┏━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter Four
4
Discoveries and Relevationd
┗━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━┛

Asami couldn't believe that Rei Furuya was the last person she'd ever imagine to know Morse code

Asami couldn't believe that Rei Furuya was the last person she'd ever imagine to know Morse code. While Date attended to the remaining hostages, Asami and Furuya covertly attempted to call for help, careful not to alert the robbers. However, their efforts had been in vain so far.

Perched on a small table, Asami observed Furuya diligently tapping out the word "help" in Morse code. Despite her irritation with Furuya, she couldn't help but be impressed by his unexpected skill.

With each precise movement of his fingers, Furuya demonstrated a proficiency in Morse code that caught Asami off guard. She had always thought of him as the loud, annoying type, but now she saw him in a new light.

As Furuya continued to send out their distress signal, Asami couldn't shake the feeling of frustration mingled with a reluctant admiration. Though she wished they didn't need to rely on Furuya's unexpected talent, she couldn't deny its usefulness in their desperate situation.

Asami, unable to contain her frustration, finally spoke up. "Are you sure you're using the right codes?" she questioned Furuya, her annoyance evident in her tone.

Furuya, feeling equally exasperated, retorted sharply, "Of course I know how to code 'help' in Morse code! Do you really think I'm that incompetent?"

Rolling her eyes in exasperation, Asami let out an audible sigh. "This is supposed to be my day off from work, and yet here I am, stuck in a robbery with you."

Furuya, mirroring her irritation, replied, "Believe me, I can think of better ways to spend my time than being trapped in a room with you."

Tensions simmered between them, the stress of the situation exacerbating their already strained relationship. As they continued their desperate attempt to call for help, the rift between Asami and Furuya seemed to widen, overshadowing their shared goal of survival.

As Asami's gaze swept over the hostages, she noticed Date engaged in conversation with an older man. The familiarity in Date's demeanor hinted at a longstanding acquaintance, prompting Asami to wonder about the man's identity.

Turning to Furuya, she inquired, "Who's the old man Wataru's talking to?"

Observing Date for a moment, Furuya turned towards Asami before responding to her inquiry. "I think that's Tomori," he explained, his eyes briefly meeting Date's before returning to Asami. "He's the one who handles our uniforms."

Bemused, Asami raised an eyebrow. "You guys actually have someone who washes your uniforms?" she exclaimed. "Aren't you guys old enough to do your own laundry?"