48

Percy, Estelle, and Annabeth were going to meet Piper and Hazel to go dress shopping. Estelle wasn't supposed to come originally, but of course that changed the second she said anything about it.

"Annabeth! You're going to look so pretty!" Estelle exclaims as they arrive at the mall. "I can't wait until we pick out a beautiful princess dress!"

"I'm excited too. Where should we go first?"

Estelle lists off a bunch of stores to go to. Annabeth laughs as she rattles them off as if she's shopped in all of them before. She figured she looked in storefront windows for the prettiest dresses she could find.

"Estelle knows where to find the best princess dresses," Percy says, picking up his sister and carrying her through the parking lot as cars begin to drive by them.

"Percy!" Hazel exclaims as they enter, running up to give him a hug. She holds her arms out to Annabeth for a hug next.

"Hey Hazel, how are you?" Annabeth asks. "Long time no see, huh?"

"Very long time. I'm doing great. How have you been?"

"Pretty good. I'm excited for the prom party. It'll be nice to have something somewhat normal."

"And we're so happy you can come! We were so worried that we would never see you again after you left," Piper says, hugging Annabeth.

"Not to be rude or anything, but you guys only hung out like one other time," Percy says.

"But we bonded," Piper says. "We love each other, don't judge."

Percy holds a hand up defensively, the other one still holding Estelle. "I'm not judging."

"He's jealous," Annabeth teases. "He thinks you guys'll take me from him."

"Better not," Percy mumbles.

"Percy! I wanna look at the bunnies!" Estelle exclaims when she sees the bunnies in the pet store.

"Oh my god! Me too!" Hazel exclaims.

Estelle wriggles out of Percy's arms and races off towards the pet store, Hazel with her. Piper, Annabeth, and Percy look at one another, shrugging, then chase after them.

"Estelle, do you think mom would let us get a fish?" Percy asks.

"I want a fish!"

"I don't see any problems with it," Percy says.

"Percy, wait until after we go dress shopping so you don't have to carry it around the whole time," Annabeth tells him. "Also call your parents and ask first. We can't just bring home a fish and expect it to be A-okay."

"If they are upset, Estelle and I will tell them that you wanted a pet fish so we got one, but your mom refuses to let it be at your house. She never gets mad at you."

"Way to throw me under the bus for something I'm not even asking for a fish," Annabeth mumbles.

"It'll be so much fun, Annabeth!"

"I'm surprised you don't want one of the clown fish."

"Those are really expensive to take care of and I would need a salt water tank to keep them in. And I couldn't take it to college with me because it would probably take up the whole dorm."

"Did you just use the kelp in your head to make a very intelligent decision?"

"Aren't you proud?"

She gives him a kiss on the cheek, "very."

They leave the pet store deciding that they'll come back later, and head off to find a dress somewhere in the mall.

"Let's go in here first," Piper says, pointing to a small dress shop. The window display features all different dresses for all different events.