22

Percy POV-

Annabeth and I held hands all the way up to my family's apartment.

"What do you think Estelle will think?" Annabeth asked eagerly. I smiled and laughed, thinking about what reaction my little sister may have.

"There's gonna be a lot of squealing and she'll probably brag to every kid at school about it." We laughed.

"Probably. You're parents will be happy, hopefully." She looked up at me, looking worried that they would be upset. I didn't see how they could ever be upset about something like this.

"How could they not be? They love you. I do too."

"I love you too." She gave me a peck on the lips and wrapped her arms around me, putting her head against my chest.

"It's your parents we should worry about," I said. She sighed.

"Yeah, Helen's gonna flip. Hopefully, my dad will be okay."

I hugged her tight. "I hope so."

The elevator dinged and opened. We untangled ourselves from the hug, but held hands down the halls. We arrived at my apartments and I pulled out the key.

"I'm home!" I called. "I brought Annabeth too!"

"Annabeth!" Estelle squealed. I could hear her run through the apartment. "Annabeth I missed you! And we have to play princesses!" She hugged Annabeth, who had to let go of my hand reluctantly to pick her up. We took off our shoes and headed into the house, Estelle still in Annabeth's arms.

"I missed you too, Estelle. Today, I heard that there was an ugly beast lurking in our kingdom. We have to attack him." She looked over at me and smirked as she set Estelle on the ground. Estelle ran at me. I grabbed her and swung her around. She giggled and I swung her onto the couch, tickling her. 

"Annabeth, what a wonderful surprise," Paul said as he walked into the family room.

"It's good to see you, sweetie," My mom said, peeking out of the kithen.

"It's good to see you too."

My mom smiled. "You three can wash your hands for dinner. It'll be out in about five minutes."

"Okay, thanks Sally. Estelle, we'll fight the ugly beast after we have dinner with Lady Sally and Sir Paul."

"Does the beast have to join us?"

"Unfortunately, we have to keep him fed. If not, he gets annoying."

"Hey!" I exclaimed, still smiling.

"I'm kidding. I love you." I blushed

"That's new," Paul commented. Our faces flushed.

"We were gonna tell you guys... we're umm..."

"We're... dating now," Annabeth finished. Estelle smiled and, as predicted, squealed a lot. My mom ran into the room.

"Oh my gosh, you are?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah." My parents smiled at each other.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Paul asked.

"We just started dating on the way here," I said.

"I knew you liked Annabeth!" My mom exclaimed. "You just wouldn't admit to it."

My face turned red. Annabeth laughed. The timer went off in the kitchen.

"Sounds like food's ready. Go wash your hands, then we'll eat."

We all sat in our usual places at the dinner table, but Annabeth scooted her chair closer to me this time.