Chapter 13: Dinner and a thunderstorm

The car stopped and Adrien got out of the car first and then he helped Marinette out of the car, but lights were flickering in their eyes. Their eyes adjusted and saw that it was actually photographers taking pictures of them as they got out of the car. Adrien shielded Marinette's eyes from the camera's lights and he awkwardly waved at everyone as they entered the building. They made it inside and Adrien uncovered her eyes, feeling a little awkward as well as guilty.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"They are going to be spreading rumors and you're going to get questioned about what we are as well as get glares from girls." Adrien sighed, looking at Marinette.

"Adrien...? What are w-?"

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng! Adrien Agreste! Come get on stage hurry!" A woman yelled, motioning for them to hurry.

Adrien turned to look at the woman and walked towards her, while Marinette followed close behind him. They shoved them both on stage and they accepted a ribbon for winning as well as got an exclusive offer to eat dinner with Gabriel Agreste tomorrow night to congratulate her. They graciously accepted and left the stage.

"So what were you going to say?" Adrien asked as he sat inside the car next to Marinette.

"It-It's nothing. Don't worry about it." Marinette smiled, feeling a little upset about it.

Did he not want to be her boyfriend? They have kissed for goodness sakes. He has told her a million times as Chat noir that he was in love with her! Why has he not asked her yet?

"Um... well where do you want to eat dinner?" Adrien smiled, but Marinette kept quiet.

"Come on princess, what's wrong?" Adrien reached over and put his hand on top of hers that rested on the car seat between them.

"Um... well... want to eat... some pasta?" Marinette said, unsure how to respond to his second question so she decided to answer the first.

"Pasta?" Adrien repeated.

"Yeah, I heard the restaurant near the Eiffel tower is really good." Marinette smiled, trying to hide her worried thoughts.

Adrien stared at her, knowing she was hiding something from him but he decided to not push the issue. She was Ladybug after all. She would come to him when she was ready to talk about things.

"Will you drop us off at where Marinette said?" Adrien called out to his bodyguard. The guy driving looked back at him and nodded, remaining silent.

The car drove up to the restaurant and Adrien helped Marinette out of the car, shutting the door behind her.

"After you" Adrien smiled.

"Such a gentleman, can't believe you almost convinced me you were an alley cat." Marinette laughed.

Adrien smiled bigger, knowing she was talking about his alter ego, and blushed from the thought of how he acted around her.

They were seated at a table near the back. Special request from Adrien due to the fact that the girls from the Fashion show knew they left and were more than likely looking for him to get a photo or an autograph. Marinette picked up her menu and started looking over the items when she heard him speak.

"Uhh... Marinette?"

"Yes?"

"What... umm... what... do you want to drink?" Adrien laughed nervously.

"Um... maybe a water?" Marinette said, shrugging.

"Nice choice! Um... if you're only choosing water to try and make this cheaper, don't worry about the price." He smiled sheepishly.