Chapter 6: His realization

Marinette let go of his tail and let her hands drop to her sides as her tears overflowed, falling onto the floor.

"Marinette? What did you call me?" He repeated.

"Not calling me princess anymore?" She said.

"Tell me. Did you call me-"

"Adrien! I called you Adrien." She screamed out, seeing his face change from confusion to surprise.

"Why did you call me that?"

"You're not denying it. I saw you. When you came here a few days ago to do homework, I was on my balcony and saw you." She said, trying to keep her emotions in check enough to give him at least half the truth.

Yes it was true she saw him, but she needed to keep her identity a secret.

"So you... saw me and are just now saying something? You acted so cold to me at school today. Why treat me differently in person than now?" He snapped.

"I wanted to keep it to myself. I didn't want you to know that I knew. I thought you wouldn't speak to me again or... you would have to give up your miraculous." Marinette said, her voice going from loud to quiet.

Chat stood there, unable to think or react to what he learned. So she let him kiss her, knowing who he was? He kissed her and she let him only because she knew he was Adrien? She didn't like him as Chat noir, but only after she learned he was Adrien Agreste.

"So you only like me because I'm Adrien? You don't like Chat noir?" Chat said, his fist clenched.

"Chat! No! I love both sides of you." Marinette blurted out, her face turning red as she closed her eyes in protest.

"I'll see you later Marinette. I need to do some thinking." He said, jumping up on her bed and out of the opening toward her balcony.

Marinette groaned and sat down on her chaise letting out a sigh.

"Why don't you go see him as Ladybug?" Tikki said.

"He doesn't know it's me though."

"You could make him feel better and maybe sort through his feelings a little as his partner and trusted friend." Tikki smiled.

Marinette sighed, knowing that he didn't have anyone to talk to besides Plagg and from what Tikki had told her, Plagg wasn't really a good supporter about this type of stuff. Marinette transformed and ran across the rooftops toward Adrien's home. Peering in she took a deep breath and opened the window, not seeing him anywhere. She stepped inside and looked around, everything was clean and organized. She heard a voice from behind her and turned around to see Chat noir jumping inside his own home.

"Ladybug? What are you doing here?" He said, confused.

"I wanted to check in on you."

"Check-in? Why?"

His ring beeped and he transformed back into Adrien. His eyes widened but realized she already knew who he was. She confirmed it on the rooftop.

"I saw you on the rooftop as Chat noir. It's ok Adrien, I already knew who you are." She said with a smile.

"There is a complication. Marinette saw me detransform the same day you did." Adrien said, rubbing the back of his neck turning away from her gaze.

"It's alright kitty. I saw Marinette that same day and we had a good long talk about it. She promised she wouldn't say anything to anyone. Wait did she tell you she knew?" Ladybug asked, trying to seem a little surprised.

"Oh... uh... no! She just has been acting a little differently around me, is all. I just assumed she knew or something." He laughed nervously.

So that was it. That is why Marinette didn't tell him she knew from the start. She made a promise with Ladybug and tried to keep it.

"Well since there isn't anything to check in about, I'll see you later then Adrien?" She said, pulling out her yo-yo.

"Wait! Will you give me another hint? Please?" He asked.

"Another hint?" She paused to think. "I'll be at the fashion show this Friday." Ladybug smiled, throwing her yo-yo and zipping away.

"The fashion show Friday... huh? What's today?" Adrien pulled out his phone and saw that today was Tuesday and also saw that Marinette had texted him a couple of times about 20 minutes ago.

Adrien sighed and sat down on his bed, hearing a knock at his bedroom door.

"Yes?"

"Dinner is ready Adrien." He could hear Nathalie from the other sidewalk away but he wasn't hungry. He looked down at his phone in his hand and opened the texts. He typed a message to Marinette and left to go eat dinner, leaving his phone on the bed.

"Can we talk tomorrow after school?" His text read, Marinette read it a few seconds later but didn't respond.

Want to support me? Why not check out my youtube channel which has not only this story but season 2 AND it is an audio fic. I voice it and season 2 of this fanfic is in collab form! Youtube: StaceyHoltFanfiction