Chapter 11: Breathtaking

"I-I'm so sorry!" Marinette quickly turned around, covering her face with her hands.

"It-it's fine." Adrien laughed nervously, finishing changing.

"I just wanted to know what happened. I'm just really nervous, and I put a lot of work into them but my mind at the time was a little spacey. Because a lot was going on with Chat noir and Ladybug and I got my inspiration from when we-"

Adrien walked over and put his hand on her shoulder. She turned around and saw him dressed in his usual clothes and smiled at him.

"From when we...? What?" Adrien asked, seeing her a little embarrassed to finish her sentence.

"You gave me your umbrella. That's when I fell for you." Marinette said, looking away.

Adrien was speechless. She fell for him that long ago? Why is he just now seeing all the flirtations she does and little hints that she liked him? Wait, she does like him. She confirmed that. They have been kissing and acting like they were dating... when they hadn't made it official. He just assumed they were dating, but what would his father do if he started dating her? Would he allow it? Would he not let him see her anymore? Should they date in secret? He needed to have this conversation with her later, not... right now in the dressing room.

"They didn't say anything to me, they just simply asked who I was representing. They will need an hour or two to discuss the results." Adrien said, trying to hint that they could go get dinner while they waited.

"Adrien?"

"Ye-yes?" He replied nervously.

"Wanna go get some dinner and run around on rooftops and come back later?" Marinette smiled.

Adrien smiled and nodded, taking her hand into his. They were about to leave when Chloe walked over, in complete disbelief that Adrien was holding Marinette's hand, as well as getting him to represent her.

"Adrikins! Why are you helping the bakery girl! Why didn't you represent me?!" Chloe whined, giving Marinette a glare.

"Because she... asked?" Adrien laughed.

Chloe pouted and rolled her eyes, moving aside for them to continue to leave. They ran outside while giggling and ran into a nearby alley. Marinette watched Adrien transform and blushed.

Chat noir blushed as well, seeing her staring at him.

"I've never transformed in front of someone before." Chat noir shyly smiled.

"You transformed in front of me at least." Marinette chuckled.

"That's different." Adrien laughed, eagerly waiting for her to transform as well. This would be the first time he would see her either transform or detransform. This would be the moment that would guarantee that Marinette was Ladybug. He could see it with his own two eyes. He knew that she was, but seeing it with your own eyes is completely different.

Marinette transformed, a burst of light enwrapping her in red and black. As she finished transforming, she looked at Chat noir who was smiling with his mouth open a little bit.

"If you aren't careful, you might not need dinner. You may catch some bugs with your mouth open like that." Ladybug laughed, pulling out her Yo-yo and zipping away.

Chat noir smiled, just watching her zip away was magical enough. He had his love in his grasp now. Everything was amazing. Nothing could possibly ruin this night.

He used his staff to extend himself up to the rooftops and started chasing after her. He caught up to her shortly, as she slowed down for him.

"Slowing down for me? What a princess." Chat noir winked.

"Only because I knew you couldn't catch up!" Ladybug laughed, throwing her yo-yo to another distant building and leaving him behind.

They both landed on the top of the Eiffel tower, staring down at the city below, as the lights reflected off of their suits. Chat noir scooted closer, his hand on top of hers. She turned toward him and smiled.

"Can I... kiss you?" Chat noir asked, feeling like he would be shut down just because she hadn't allowed it before.

"Can you kiss me?" Ladybug repeated while laughing.

He felt a little awkward, feeling like she had rejected the idea but was met with her pulling him towards her, inches away from her face.

"You know you don't have to ask, kitty." Ladybug flicked his bell as he smiled and pulled her the rest of the way to him, kissing her.

A few seconds later, he leaned out and could see that even under her mask that her face was red. Though he didn't say anything because he was the exact same.

"Would you like to get some dinner, My lady?" Chat noir stood up, his arm extending for her to take.

Ladybug smiled and took his hand and stood up. With a burst of pain shooting through her she pulled her hand away from him, holding her side as she lost her balance, falling off of the tower. She saw him yell to her in panic as she grit her teeth, everything fuzzy and disoriented. She watched as Chat noir jumped off of the tower towards her, grabbing her as they collided. He desperately grabbed her yo-yo and swung it, letting it wrap around a nearby building. He held her around her back and they landed on the ground soon after.

Ladybug was half-conscious and Chat lifted her up in his arms, only to carry her into a nearby alley to avoid wandering eyes.

What should he do? The bruise was gone, wasn't it? Was this a prank? She wouldn't do that to him. The hospital... well... the hospital couldn't do anything about it. This was from an akumatized victim, there wasn't anything that they could do to help.

He laid her on the ground on her back, her eyes closed.

He lifted her head to sit her on his lap as he searched through her yo-yo in hopes of any answers. After a few seconds of panic searching, he gave up and held her close, her hand still gripping her side.

"LB! What's wrong! Tell me! Open your eyes!" Chat cried out.

Wait... was... she not breathing?

Want to support me? Why not check out my youtube channel which has not only this story but season 2 AND it is an audio fic. I voice it and season 2 of this fanfic is in collab form! Youtube: StaceyHoltFanfiction