Chapter 5

The light of the sunrise as it filtered through the window woke you up the next morning. You shifted around on your sofa as you woke up, before the events of the days before came to your mind, making you shift from the sleepy, relaxed state back to fly or fight mood.

You opened your eyes and found Murphy still on the armchair, but he had fallen asleep...so much for keeping watch and making sure no mafia crept into your place and got you... You couldn't be mad, though, you knew he must have been exhausted too, and he looked kind of cute asleep like that, almost like a boy, to the point that it was hard to imagine him as the skilled, cold shooter and mafia killer that you had seen he was.

Everything seemed calm and you wondered if you could have hope on this mafia nightmare being over...you guessed you should talk with the cops later, once you weren't hiding a vigilante mafia killer in your living-room, and see what the police thought, if they had any new information.

Getting up from the sofa, you headed for the kitchen and made yourself a mug of tea. You were back on the sofa, sipping it, when Murphy woke up, seeming confused for a moment as he blinked his eyes open, looking cuter than he had any right to be.

"So...this is how you take watch and make sure no mafia kills us," you joked.

"Shit...shit, lass, I'm sorry..." Murphy apologized as he woke up, looking around and seeming still a bit drowsy.

"It's okay, I'm joking," you told him. "I'm sure you were tired too...do you want some tea?"

"Ye got coffee instead?" He asked you, yawning as he still looked around as if wanting to make sure that everything was okay.

"I might...let me check." You headed to the kitchen again.

"Thanks lass."

You found some instant coffee left and made Murphy a cup, heading back to the living-room and passing him the cup before sitting down on the sofa again, also leaving on the table some chocolate chips cookies for Murphy and you. Murphy instantly reached out for one, looking at it as if it were the best thing in the world...for a skilled murderer, he could be quite cute...

"So...what do you think? I'm safe?" You asked as you munched on a cookie. "I don't have to worry about mafia killing me at any moment?"

"I'm not sure..." Murphy frowned. "But I hope so..."

"Yeah...me too..." You murmured. "But for now, nobody has come, maybe they gave up on me or they really think I'm dead."

"Aye...or maybe they don't care anymore..." Murphy nodded, though he still seemed thoughtful, and his frown deepened when he eyed your clock. "But I gotta go before my brother comes to get me himself."

"Okay..." You felt a bit uneasy at the idea of being alone at home now, no matter Murphy was still pretty much a stranger. "Nobody has come for me in all this time so...maybe I'm really safe now..." At least you could hope so. "And the cops are here taking watch so..."

"Aye..." Murphy nodded, getting up, though he still seemed a bit reluctant to go. "Lass, ye mind if I get yer number? So I can check that yer okay?" He asked you, taking you by surprise...once more, he really seemed to care for your safety, and it felt nice even if everything was still a bit odd and surreal.

"Uh...yeah, sure..." You reached for a notebook on the coffee table, writing your number on a page that you ripped and gave to Murphy, who folded in and stuffed it in his jean's pocket. "There's uh...if I think I might be in danger again, that mafia is coming...is there any way I can contact you?" You guessed you might contact the police, but as for now Murphy had been better at keeping you safe than them and he really seemed to want to help you.