Chapter 18

<Belladonna POV>

After two days of staying with Charlie and dealing with his non-stop tears and awkward nightmares, Bella came home. On the arm of Edward, the boy who broke her heart. Don't get me wrong I love Eddie like my little brother but what he did to Bells was uncalled for. Luckily Charlie hadn't cried for an hour (A record) so when he went to greet her his face wasn't red and blotchy. I decided to get out the house before Bella saw me so - going out through the bathroom window - I ran home through the forest. I took a shower and got changed before going on a human-speed walk through the trees with Diablo and Diavolo, leaving Eplis and Diable at home, too small to bring with and yes, when they are big enough I will take them on walks too. What? I don't want them to feel left out!

 What? I don't want them to feel left out!

I got back and was treated to Eddie and Bells sat on my sofa

I got back and was treated to Eddie and Bells sat on my sofa. They looked up as I walked in, I ignored them, took my puppies of the leash and went to give them water before acknowledging the couple on the couch - after Eddie cleared his throat of course.

"Yes?" I said as I turned to them, one eyebrow raised. They winced at my bitter tone. I know it was bitchy but they had both hurt people I have come to care about in this town. Edward hurt Bella, and me, by leaving and Bella hurt Charlie by following. And I know I have only known Charlie for a few days but he reminds me of my biological brothers - twin boys they were 5 at the attack where they, mum and dad died and not a day goes by were I don't wish I could see those cheeky grins once more - anyway he reminds me of them strong, independent but needing some help and comfort from time to time. It's weird how I can see my 5yr old brothers in a grown man but I can.

"Donna..." Eddie started, I understand why they left but I am not forgiving them easily, watching them squirm is such fun.

"Don't 'Donna...' me! Do you know how much pain, you two have caused! Edward!" Eddie winced at his full name as I usually only call him Eddie unless angry, "You cause Bella to go into a cationic, coma-like state for months! The only thing that got her out of it was Jacob Black! A fucking wolf! A fucking wolf helped fix Bella after you broke her! I hate the wolf but I'm grateful because without him, you would be dead and Bella would still be gazing unseeingly out her bedroom window." He looked down, ashamed, "And Isabella! You leave for three days with nothing but a note saying you were going to save Edward! Three days! Three days of nothing but you're father's wracking sobs! And who got him through it? Me! That's who because you were so inconsiderate to not even call once over those three days? We all thought you had died!" I was in hysterics by the end of it, both were properly abashed, "I thought I lost my best friend and little brother in one go! It's bad enough I couldn't protect my biological brothers the day I was turned but if I couldn't save you two either, I couldn't live with myself." I finally broke down crying, pouring all the safe-hate and grief into bitter, salty tears that just wouldn't stop. The two people opposite me were shocked silent, I had never spoken of my family or my past before - only my age. They left me to my tears, my sobs the only sound in the house.

The house finally fell silent 12 hours later the ugly sobs had stopped but the silent tears lived on.