Well, This is Interesting

Dearest Diary,

A few days ago was my very  first ball and it had surprisingly gone very well. The sights, the sounds, the music... and George. I can understand why the ton looks forward to each and every social season, however it feels different to be the center of attention. Well, I share it with Daph and I do not mind, but part of me wishes the attention was on her. That way I can inconspicuously dance the night away with a handsome stranger, and not have to share my affections through a rotation of gentleman.

Mama and Anthony of course have been at odds, Anthony whisks himself away to God knows where; late for our family dinners or obligations where ' Viscount Bridgerton' needs to be present. Of course Mama compares Anthony to Father, which irritates Anthony beyond no end. However, I see why. Anthony had to become the Viscount at the young age of eighteen, taking care of 7 siblings that had already entered this world; as little Hyacinth was yet to be born. Anthony never got to be my brother, really. He became his title, he became a father, but he was never my Father. There's entirely such a large difference. Part of my heart breaks for him yet I know I can not have sympathy considering it's been years since Father has passed so there is no excuse for him being so withdrawn.

     Apparently at the Danbury ball I missed so much. Lord Berbrooke, for example. My goodness, Lord Berbrooke has a face only a mama could love. This man pursued Daphne that evening, attempting flirtations with her, however my dear sister escaped with a simple bump into the Duke. While those two were in conversation Anthony was looking for her and of course found her and was ecstatic to see the Duke. Apparently the Duke and our Anthony are old friends, and all three ended up conversing with one another which is how I saw them last. Well, this whole situation is interesting to say the least. I believe the Duke would be a rather charming fit for Daphne, but Berbrooke seems like the type of man to not let things, let alone a prize of some sort slip through his fingers either. We shall see, will a Duke and a bumbling Baron brall it out for the Diamond?

But, speaking of the ball, after I received the note from my mysterious admirer; A and I have corresponded a bit over these few days. Might I just say, although we have not written much to one another; whomever this author may be is entirely mysterious, funny, and charming. I am intrigued to know who this A may be. Maybe a handsome gentleman, ready to whisk me away on a tour of the world? Even though it is Colin and I's aspiration, I am not sure how long I can withstand my twin brother. It is awful enough I was with him in the womb all that time. Maybe it is a prince, afraid to admit his identity, afraid I would want him for his money? Too far fetched, not plausible. Or maybe can it be my brothers, playing an awful trick on me? Most likely.

Until I have more news worthy of sharing,

Yours always.

Cassandra.