Darling Debutantes

It was a beautiful morning in Grosvenor Square, and the Bridgerton house was abuzz as that very morning was the day that daughters Cassandra and Daphne were to make their grand debut into London society.

   ' Cass, do you wish to offend the Queen by being late to your very own debut? Mama will have your head if you do not rise from your bed at this very moment.' Daphne scolded her older sister and roommate, as she stood at Cassandra's bedside with her arms folded. The scolding provoked a stifled groan and Cassandra rolled over in bed.

     ' Couldn't the debut have been I don't know... around luncheon? Maybe we shouldn't have a debut at all? Doesn't her Majesty know that proper rest is what makes us debutantes so pleasing to the eye?' Cassandra mumbled from beneath her pillow before slowly rising to sit on the edge of the bed. She knew that if she continued to procrastinate that Daphne would call for their brothers... or worse. Their mother.

     Rose, the lady's maid for both girls came in with two boxes, presumably what was to be the dresses for today's event. Daphne took the boxes excitedly from Rose and opened both of them up, finding her dress she swiftly took it out of the box and squealed in excitement. Cassandra on the other hand peaked inquisitively inside the box and was positively in shock by Madame Delacroix's creation. She pulled out the exquisite white long sleeved gown, the patterns with golden trim so intricately stitched. Along her collar  it appeared as if she had woven netting with diamonds embellished every so often. It was stunning. The girls prepared themselves and the Bridgerton brood whisked themselves away to the palace, it was finally time for the two eldest girls to enter society as young ladies.

' Cassandra and Daphne Bridgerton, escorted by their mother the right honorable dowager Viscountess Bridgerton.' Cassandra's breath hitched as she heard her and Daphne's name being read, and quickly looks to her side to see Daphne with a terrified expression.

' Daph, it's okay. We will be okay, we are going to stand tall; smile softly, and be absolute visions. You are stunning dear sister.' I gently take her hand and give it a soft reassuring squeeze before assuming my position, and my sister and mother walk with me as the doors open to reveal an aisle with the ton on either side and the Queen right in the middle at the end.

Violet Bridgerton walks proudly with her two eldest daughters down the aisle, both ladies were a vision in their own right. Daphne was youthful, elegant, shy. Cassandra was regal, charming, and witty. Both would make excellent wives to the best of husbands she was sure. As the three women passed Anthony and the rest of the children, she nodded toward her eldest son and bowed with her daughters in front of the Queen.

The Queen looked at the young ladies before her quizzically before standing up, she stood before both and gave each a gentle kiss on the forehead. ' Absolutely flawless my dears.' She smiled a smile that wasn't afforded to most debutantes in all of the years of this grand tradition, and her eyes lingered on Cassandra for a moment longer. The women were about to bow and take their leave, but the Queen was able to catch the gloved hand of Cassandra before she could turn around.

' But you my dear, I would like to invite you to a tea after the debuts finish.'

Cassandra could not find her words, it felt as if the wind was truly knocked out of her. Before she could reply, her mother whispered in her ear ' They are watching you dearest, now more than ever.' Cassandra finally mustered up the courage and her voice to speak, and confidently she replied

' It would be my honor, your majesty.'

~~~~
Hi everyone!! The first chapter is complete!! I really liked making this chapter, and I really want to try and incorporate Cass's journal entries as like a " pre chapter" so to speak. I would love some feedback on this chapter as this is my first book, I'd greatly appreciate it!🥰

~ Jenn