✁ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤: 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚

2014

📍WASHINGTON MEMORIAL HOSPITALWashington, D

Washington, D.C.
╰─────────╯

GALINA AND Steve watched behind the glass as the surgery unfolded — Natasha rushing in seconds later.

"Is he gonna make it?" she questioned. Though her demeanor was calm, it was clear she was frenzied.

Steve swallowed thickly, Adam's apple in throat bopping. "I don't know." he croaked.

"Tell me about the shooter." she demands.

"He's fast — strong. Had a metal arm."

"Ballistics?"

Maria took a couple of steps to be beside them and spoke — not taking her eyes off of the surgery. "Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable."

Natasha's eyes widened a centimeter, inhaling sharply. "Soviet-made." she mutters.

"Yeah."

Galina then felt another weird sensation going through her body for the second time in the last 24 hours.

She turned her head to look over her shoulder, finding Rumlow and Sitwell silently whispering to one another.

As soon as they spotted Galina spying on them, they halted their whispers — eyes looking at the girl before straightening up and diverting their vision.

"He's in V-tach. Crash cart coming in." the monitors beeped. Doctors rushed around.

"Nurse, help me with the drape."

"BP's dropping."

"Defibrillator! I want you to charge him at 100."

Natasha felt her heart breaking. "Don't do this to me, Nick." she murmured in despair, a hand coming up to the glass anxiously.

"Oh my god..." the younger girl said under her breath — a wave of fear rushing through her.

"Stand back. Three, two, one. Clear."

"Pulse?"

"No pulse."

"Okay, 200, please. Stand back! Three, two, one. Clear!"

"Get me epinephrine!"

"Pulse?"

"Negative."