SAMPLE - Chapter Three

EXITING THE ELEVATOR, I TURN RIGHT, SPOTTING MR. Edwards leaning against a wall near the door to his suite. My heels click loudly against the floor tile, and there's an echo with each step.

My heart is thumping wildly against my rib-cage and my ears begin ringing, a low pitch buzzing sound I can't seem to get rid of.

Staring Mr. Edwards straight in his eyes when I'm inches close, I attempt to prove to him that he doesn't scare or intimidate me.

When in all reality, he does.

I will not allow him to get the best of me. I will not dare to let my guard down. I will remain strong like I've always been, especially since my parent's unexpected deaths. I will not let his Dominant title or dark and riveting persona scare me away.

He straightens his posture. "Welcome back, Ms. Pierce."

"Are we going to stand out here all night?"

His eyes flash amusement. "Demanding little thing, aren't you?"

Reaching into his pants he retrieves the key card, sliding it fast in one swift motion. Once the door unlocks, he fixes his eyes on mine, watching me feverishly.

"After you."

"Thanks," I humor him, entering the suite.

The moment I step inside and make my way down the hall, I stop dead in my tracks.

The walls are painted a light, soft peach color, very easy on the eyes, and instead of tile there is carpet. I look down to observe its color, a dark beige, with designs and patterns.

There's a coffee table resting in the middle of the room, and a large couch, equipped with decorative pillows. There's a bouquet of flowers in a vase on the marble table, and a flat screen TV plastered against the wall. The electric fireplace gives it a cozy touch.

Unexpectedly, I feel a warm hand pressed against the small of my back. The hair rises on my arms and neck. Without my heels Jaxon Edwards now towers over my five-foot four frame, easily past six-foot-three.

"Wonderful." He takes notice of my bare feet. "I'm glad to see that you've made yourself at home."

The heat from his hand radiates against the bare skin on my back, my body tensing from his touch. I can't even put into words how incredible it feels to be touched by someone so powerful.

There's a unique, gold, chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the dining area. The table is long, silverware all set out along with six chairs. Another vase is filled with roses, my favorite flower.

"This suite is insanely beautiful, Mr. Edwards."

A knock sounds from the other room.

"Excuse me, Sasha. That should be my bags with my belongings. Please, check out the place. I have a guest room. You're spending the night here."

Stepping into the guest room, I sigh comfortably at the size of the bed, as it's much bigger than mine. The comforter is gold and white, and the pillows look so soft.

There's a large window beside a side-table along with two glazed wooden chairs, and a formal lamp resting on the center of it.

Even though there's a dim light from the ceiling, I turn on the lamp to brighten the space around me.

Now I'm standing before the window in awe, taking in the fascinating view of New York City. The tall buildings are lit up brightly and there are millions of stars in the sky. It's marvelous.