Chapter Two

Mubarak's Pov

It took me about 30mins before I reached home. I got snarled up on the road and I had to stop by valentino, where I grabbed the ice cream I promised earlier

Upon reaching home, I had to wait for some minutes before the gate got opened. I drove in and parked my car beside baba's own.

I moved as swiftly as I could towards the back door, not wanting anyone to notice my entrance, especially mami.

I knew clearly with the doors closed, it will be hard for anyone to acknowledge my entrance except if I use the front door. So I decided to go through the back door and tiptoed to my room.

The last thing I ever wanted that night was for mami to swarm me with so many questions of my whereabouts....and when am just soo not ready for any of them🥺

Soon as I gained access to my room, I shut the door behind my back as discreetly as possible.

The room's light was turned off, which is a thing I do whenever am going out.

As I went ahead to switch it on, I heard some weird movements to which I turned around to see what was making the sound.

I saw a standing figure, covered up in a black hood. But the room was too dark to figure out who it was and I couldn't find the light switch that easily.

Well I don't know maybe it changed spot after I went out.

I tried flashing my phone's screen light and the figure got even closer which scared the hell out of me.

I flinched and shouted "InnalilLahi Wa inna IlaiHi rajioun, La ilaHa illalLah, Allahumma inni auzubika min sharri ma khalaqta, Allahumma ajirneey...." I kept saying out every do'a that comes my mind

Just then a series of laughter broke in, which made me compose myself after recognizing the voice. I finally turned the lights on and there, husna was standing and laughing uncontrollably.

"Seriously??? Tf was that all about?" I said completely annoyed while practically yelling

She couldn't stop laughing and that annoyed me even more

"OMG.......Ya....Muba...raaaaaaak......" she laughed even harder.

The scene was never amusing at all. Not even a smile escaped my lips. I just stood there and mentally planning on strangling the crazy creature laughing hard on me.

"Wayyo cikinaaa, wayyo Allah! Look-at -your- face" she pointed at me as she kept laughing evilly and clutching her stomach.

I stood still trying to even out my breathing before I wiped away the lone sweat that tripped down my cheeks

The laughter got even louder and I couldn't watch any longer.

Okay! I've heard enough am gonna shake off the joker on this girl.

The next thing I tried doing killed the laughter in her.........in like milli secs.

"No please don't!...... Ya mubarak please!" She pleaded with glassy eyes and tears of laughter on her face

"Keep it up, seems like you're enjoying the little show. Am only trying to spice it up for you" I said while trying to throw the ice cream pack I bought through the window

"No wolLah bazan qara ba, please Yaya" she went on her knees holding her ears

I turned a deaf ear to her pleadings and went ahead, struggling with the curtains laid against the windows pretending to dump it out.

"Dan Allah Ya mubarak! I swear on Our parent's graves, I will never repeat anything like that"

Bullet! She just know how to get me.